Author Topic: 05 beaver monterey Parking lights  (Read 4955 times)

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
05 beaver monterey Parking lights
« on: June 05, 2017, 04:31:31 PM »
HI I know this to be a long shot but I have a short, Power to ground, in the parking light circuit. Cooked the breaker. Does anyone have an Idea on how these were wired? Or where a common problem might be? ( if there is such a thing. There is no one within 1000 miles that is familiar with this coach. Any information would be helpful.

thanks
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: 05 beaver monterey Parking lights
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:53:07 AM »
Jim,
Suggest you pull the bulbs, front and rear. If the breaker still blows you've got a wiring short, likely due to chafing. Check around the bulb connections first. If the breaker doesn't blow, replace the bulbs one at a time and see when the breaker goes. Replace bulb and try again. Either bad bulb or short in bulb socket.
Steve
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Jim Edwards

Forrest King

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 03:09:42 AM »
how can i post on foum i am a member 2006 montery. looking for wiring diagram that was taped to door in front compartment. Had some work done at allanicance an it came up missing might know they know nothing about it. any help appreciated sorry to hijack your post

Forrest King

Russ Mann

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 03:56:01 AM »
Forest,
The attached .pdf file is for a 2005 Monterey but I have found that it is the same as my 2006. Hope this helps.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 04:08:02 AM »
Forrest,
I think Russ supplied you with the diagram you are looking for. There is a fairly complete set of 05 Monterey diagrams in our technical library. It's accessable by going to the Private Members Only board. Then select Coach Assist. It will take yu to the library. http://beaveramb.org/coach-assist-members-only-2/
If you are having problems using / navigating the Forum check out the Forum Assistance board http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/board,23.0.html or contact me via PM or email and I'll assist you.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Russ Mann

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 04:20:22 AM »
Jim,

The parking lights are wire #62. Look in the center of the attached diagram.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 05:26:04 AM »
Jim,
If your toad is plugged in, unplug it first, because the cord is a problem spot. Other than that, if you have a wiring short in the tail light circuit, the first place to look is the 7 wire trailer connector for you that you plug your toad into. It is way to common for wires to come loose there and cause a short.

Gerald 

Forrest King

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 09:41:47 AM »
thanks every one what a great help

Forrest

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 12:01:22 PM »
Hi All, thanks for your help. I did find the problem in the forward electrical bay. Wire #61 (BATT parking lights)  was the culprit, but more was afoot. I had intermittent cruse issues as well, but not enough to chase. As it turns out most of the  wires harness go by a bracket that has the generator slide and HWH reset switch. This bracket IS CHASSIS GROUND. The (#61) wire and cruse cancel wires had chafed against the edge of the bracket and cut through the insulation causing a short to ground. There were a few other wires that showed insulation damage but had not chafed all the way through.  I have attached a photo with the offending edge and damaged wires marked in red (wires are not in their original position but you will get the gist). If you have this configuration I highly recommend you check the wires in the vicinity of the bracket for damage. I moved the bracket away from the harness so this would not occur again. There is no way that this configuration was not going to fail from the day it was built and it had ultimately cooked the breaker. It also could have failed pretty much anything in the coach depending on the random twist of wires in the wiring harness. I was lucky it did not take out anything more critical or expensive. ( the 61 wire also connects to the smart wheel controller )

Thanks Again.
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Jim Nichols, Stan Simpson