Author Topic: Marquis Coax Cable Diagram  (Read 6859 times)

Edward Buker

Marquis Coax Cable Diagram
« on: November 12, 2010, 11:46:34 PM »
Does anyone have a schematic for a 2000 to 2002 Marquis, that shows the wiring diagram that contains the coax schematic that was used for satellite antenna, terrestrial antenna etc? I see a lot of dead ends (probably spares) that are not connected, in my coach. It is unclear where what is connected is actually routed from. Maybe a 2003 might be relevant also.

Later Ed
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 02:28:50 AM by 14 »

Gerald Farris

Re: Marquis Coax Cable Diagram
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 03:25:50 AM »
Ed,
I can tell you how the original coax cables were ran on my 2000 Marquis, but if you have had anything changed like a different satellite system, the original VCR replaced, or the original TV replaced the routing has probably been changed.

If you are going to be in Bend anytime soon, you can also talk to Jim Sizemore at RV Outfitters. He is an expert on TV and sound system wiring on Beaver coaches and is located across the street from Beaver Coach Sales.

Gerald

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:41:54 PM »
Thanks Gerald,

Background:

I have the ceiling swing down TV which puts my first Dish Receiver in a side cabinet over the passenger side couch/recliner area. The second satellite receiver is in the rear closet. I have no VCRs in this coach and two DVD players. The original VCRS were removed. The DVD players are located where the satellite receivers are, One up front and one in the back. The satellite system is original and is in need of upgrade which is my current project. I plan on using a Dish 722 unit with dual tuner and that install will necessitate wiring from the rear closet for distribution of the signal. I'm not worried about that portion. It will have to have new HDMI cable or HDMI via RF transmitter and receiver to the front and composite video cables to the rear TV. There is no overhead cabinet in the front of the coach that will handle the depth of the Dish 722 receiver.

Problems/Questions:

Regarding the terrestrial signal that comes from the roof antenna and the cable system input, I was wondering where they combine with a coupler. I get a decent signal to the front TV with both sources but it is weak and I get digital distortion with the rear bedroom TV. I know the coach is wired with RG59 and digitally there is a lot of loss with that cable. I was going to add a distribution amp to boost these signals and see if I can eliminate enough loss to make the signal at the rear TV equivalent to the front TV. Once that is done I only have to worry about the 722 output which I would not want to degrade using coax anyway.

The 120V outlet used for the overhead TV, is it on the driver side or passenger side? I need a power source for the distribution amp and I am not sure how to get access to it. I have a small front cabinet on the passenger side next to the TV that houses the antenna power switch. I'm hoping the outlet could be reached from there if I pulled it. I know your arrangement is different from mine but how the RF cables and couplings are arranged in the front overhead area on yours may provide me some insight. I'm hoping that the cable TV input from our facilities panel also gets routed up into that front overhead area for distribution also. Thanks again for any insight on this.

Before I am done, I am sure that I will wish that I had longer arms, better eyes, and the agility of a Cirque Du Soleil performer....

Regards Ed

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »
Ed,
The coax routing from my coach will be of little to no benefit to you with your present configuration. There are 120V outlets in both sides of my coach in the front overhead. There is one above the driver in the LF corner where the ignition cut out relay for the front TV is located that supplied power to the TV, and another one in the side cabinet against the ceiling above the door.

Gerald  
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:01:24 AM by 235 »

Edward Buker

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 06:11:07 PM »
Thanks Gerald,

I will go digging, thanks for the 120V insight in the overhead.....what would be your best guess as to where the cable TV input gets tied in for distribution?

Later Ed

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 12:59:30 AM »
Ed,
If you are referring to the campground cable coax in the sewer bay, it runs to the over the air (bat wing) amplifier A-B switch. When you turn on the amplifier for the bat wing antenna, the on/off switch for it is also an A-B switch that switches the output between the antenna and the campground cable coax.

Gerald

Edward Buker

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 04:50:17 AM »
Gerald,

Thanks I'll take a peek. My install is a little different, the coach has a small round enclosed antenna, no batwing. Just an on off power supply button on a panel in the front overhead for the antenna amp. I imagine that it must be similar with the cable lead hopefully in that overhead, however no manual A B switch in my coach. Schematics would have been nice when they built these coaches....

later Ed