Author Topic: Battery Charging Question  (Read 13298 times)

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
Re: Battery Charging Question
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 06:16:27 AM »
Joel...According to the above comment you have too much time on your hands.  You've been spending too much time at your Beaver lodge and you need to get that Beaver on the path so it can socialize with other fellow Beavers.  If it spends too much time in his lodge he will gather too many cobwebs and his joints will become arthritic, get sick then you will have several problems.  He needs exercising to live the good life.  Ducks and Beavers may enjoy the Oregon rain, but it also has to dry out and smell the roses.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Mandy
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 09:49:51 AM »
For the time being, this forum is as close to socializing as any Beavers around here will get, Mandy.  The Buscuit Burner has been itching to see the Southwest for the first time this winter, but circumstances just aren't helping us get there.  You're right;  I'll bet Monty Rae will be doing a lot of creaking and groaning when she finally gets loose of her chains.  It's the possibility of algae in her gullet that worries me; hopefully the biocide and full tank will help.

Hopefully the New Year will bring some time on the road, so thanks for the good wishes.  In 2008 I won a guided flyfishing trip with a famous guide in SW Montana;  I'd better get my rear over that way next summer or he may bail on me!  

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 11:06:58 PM »
  I have to add my 10 cents worth.  Lazydays have told me that my alternator is the cause of my voltage fluctuations.  Probably caused by me starting off with low house batteries.  A new Leece Neville 160 amp alternator is being shipped as we speak.  Thanks to Gerald and this amazing forum, I will now be able  to prevent further failures.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:50:38 AM by 14 »