Author Topic: 06 Monterrey is there a surge protector?  (Read 2788 times)

Steve Funk

06 Monterrey is there a surge protector?
« on: August 24, 2017, 06:28:25 PM »
This may be a dumb question but was there a built in surge protector on the 06 Monterrey coaches as standard equipment?  I don't know if I need a progressive industries or other surge protector to protect my coach.  There is a box in the electrical by the electrical cord storage but I think that is the transfer switch.  What if anything do you other Monterrey owners do to protect your coach from power issues?

Thanks
Steve

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: 06 Monterrey is there a surge protector?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 06:35:33 PM »
Hello Steve,
You may want to check with Beaver Coach sales, I bought a supplemental system for our 06 PT and while in for service I was told that our 06 had a system from the factory. Give them a call ask for Ken or Sean they may have your answer
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 06:40:35 PM »
Steve,
On our '05 Monterey, there is a surge protector built in with the transfer switch. Here is a picture of my bay. If yours looks like this, most likely it's built in as well.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 09:05:39 PM »
The Surge Guard transfer switch, as per Stan's photo, was standard equipment on that if not all models then.  Although the occasional poor connection or something, not due to product build quality,  shows up in this Forum, that unit has a good reputation for protecting onboard circuitry.

Joel
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 09:10:38 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Steve Funk

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 03:53:38 PM »
Thanks guys, mine looks like the picture Stan posted although the cord real is different.  Makes me feel better to know the circuitry is protected in the coach.  I thought it was but wanted to make sure.

Thanks again.
Steve