Author Topic: Alladin power  (Read 3011 times)

Tic Wilson

Alladin power
« on: September 13, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »
We just retrieved our coach from storage (about 4 months).  the alladin system initially turned on, but then the video flickered a few times and is dead.  Seems like we lost 12V power.  My wiring diagram is weak.  I see fuses on the drawing.  Any help?

Tic Wilson

Re: Alladin power
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 07:11:06 PM »
BTW, I have downloaded the troubleshooting guide from the private area.  Fuses are located in the Front Run Box"  whatever that is.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:15:24 PM »
On our coach the Aladdin screen comes on when the ignition key is in the ACC and ON positions.  Otherwise, the screen will be off.  Also, the Aladdin joystick will turn on and off the Aladdin system... which will render the Aladdin screen able to be on if the ignition key is in the ACC or ON positions.

When we had our battery issue a few years ago we did find a blown (I think) 5 amp fuse between the ignition key and the Aladdin screen.  You might be able to access it from under the dash cover plate between the steering wheel and front windshield, but I think I had the dash gauge-plate unscrewed and out when I found and replaced the fuse.

We did not need to look further to get our Aladdin working, so I am not sure where the other Aladdin fuses and such might be.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 12:36:59 AM »
In addition to turning the Aladdin on and off at the joy stick, I have an unlabeled power switch in a cabinet all by itself above the driver's seat.  There are also 2 fuses in a junction box next to my transfer switch in the street side bay with the inverter.  Good luck.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 02:43:17 AM »
Also, isn't there an Aladdin reset switch there by the pilot's seat somewhere?  Our reset switch is located above the seat, left side, behind a door which also has the front curtain close/open 3-position momentary switch.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Tic Wilson

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:46:39 PM »
So above the driver's seat, in an overhead compartment, is a reset switch.  Behind it lives the brain.  No 12V power.  I pulled it out as far as the leads would allow, and did not find any fuse.  FWIW, the red black power leads are inside a larger red "cable" with grey stripe.
I have looked in the DC distribution panel and under the dash, but I was unable to find a similar cable.  Having been is storage for a while, I am concerned that a rodent may have chewed on wiring, but I have not found any evidence of that happening.
photo of brain location attached.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 05:24:18 PM »
In a private message, Tic asked for my JPEG photos of wiring diagrams.  I'm sending them now. 

Bill

Tic Wilson

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 09:59:51 PM »
So in extremely small print, one leg is labeled VCM.  This is a 15 amp fuse and it is open.  Next, check for a short to ground; obtain a replacement and try again.  photo attached. 

Tic Wilson

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 01:40:35 AM »
I checked the two legs (wired connections) for resistance to ground.  Both showed resistance, not a dead short to ground,  RV supply only had a 20 amp circuit breaker, said they no longer show a 15 amp as available.  Oh well, $2.89 for a 20 amp.  Installed, checked voltage, all good, and Alladin is working again.
Thanks Bill for the wiring diagram.