Author Topic: Magnum Blue Streak (Springs). Brake line replace- seeking advise  (Read 2571 times)

john brunson

Magnum Blue Streak (Springs). Brake line replace- seeking advise
« on: September 15, 2017, 03:08:40 AM »
Sick and tired of calipers locking - Replacing all calipers and brake hoses... need advise on removing front brake hoses... brake line line is bolted into frame (not a clip) and wondering if fuel tank must be removed to get to inside nut.... who can give best advise??  Drop it or can it be moved side to side??  Anyone been here before? 

Pat Long

Re: Magnum Blue Streak (Springs). Brake line replace- seeking advise
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 03:41:01 AM »
John,   DO you have the Meritor ADB1560 Calipers?  I have them on my 2000 Marquis.  I removed my slide pins and cleaned them up and installed a Meritor Rockwell slide pin spring to the slide pins between the calipers to help them return to a Neutral Position.  This is an update to correct a dragging brake pad against the rotor.  The kit I am talking about is by Meritor part number KIT15018, must use the word KIT in part number.  Also Rockwell part number.  Simple job to do.  I believe the brake line is coupled to a Through fitting that goes through the frame with a male fitting the hose screws onto.  Also should be a swivel fitting on hose end, to frame and chamber.  Several on eBay right now.   Search the Rockwell KIT15018 in search and the auctions should come up best price.  I installed one on each slide pin.   Her is some good info.

http://graphicvillage.org/meritor/PB1461.pdf

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 04:49:02 AM »
Pat,
John's coach has a hydraulic brake system that has no correlation to the Meritor ADB system on your coach. Beaver only used the Meritor ADB brake system on the late production 1998 to 2002 Marquis and 2002 Patriot Thunder coaches.

Gerald

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »
I just ran a new line outside the frame.  Cut the old line off and left behind the frame. This worked great for several years.

Good luck,
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

john brunson

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 11:21:37 PM »
anyone got a clue about a runout spec for these rotors?