Author Topic: New TV Electronics  (Read 11986 times)

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
New TV Electronics
« on: December 15, 2010, 04:11:34 PM »
Just got  our TV electronics upgraded by Innovative Coachworks in Junction City, Oregon. They did an excellent job for us. 46" LED TV in the living area, 26" in the bedroom with a MotoSat satellite system. Also installed new surround sound system. Davis Cabinets did all the wood work.
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Per Mogensen

Re: New TV Electronics
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 10:39:26 PM »
That looks really good. Did they use the speakers in the ceiling for the surround sound?

I also see that you got the new ultra thin Samsung with stainless steel frame.

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 12:29:09 AM »
Looks really nice, I like the hinged mount with the components behind the TV in the bedroom. Nice job. I am glad to see more photos and projects on the BAC Forum. It helps us all visualize many of these good ideas.

Regards Ed

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 03:40:54 PM »
Thanks my friends, They really did a great job and were very nice to work with. It was a very expensive upgrade but was worth it to us. Yes, Susanne they installed the ceiling speakers for the surround sound front speakers. Two of the old surround sound speakers were eliminated by the size of the TV so this was their solution to replace them. They whole system sounds great. The TV is a Samsung 8000 series 3D TV. They also installed a box that finds the over the air local channels and populates them into the Direct TV DVR menu. It works great. The old TV was a 30" in the front and the bedroom was a 20". Also going to HD system made a huge difference in our TV watching enjoyment. They also installed speakers in the bedroom as you can see in the pictures with an all in one Blu Ray player and of course Direct TV receiver. As I said though beware of the cost. This new system was a little over 11,000 dollars with the MotoSat Satellite system and all the cabinet work Davis cabinets did which also is beautiful.
Larry Fisk
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Jeff Watt

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 07:58:37 PM »
Larry,

I like the look of the tv in the bedroom. I am probably going to change the old 20in and replace it - I am suspecting 26 as that is what you and another on the forum used.

Did your unit have a lower cabinet with the DVD player in it, i.e. below the 20inch? How do you latch the tv so it doesn't swing out when on the road? Can you show a couple more picture of the install? Thanks.

I really like the idea of the swing out as no point losing that space.

On a related topic, we were stopped and in the bedroom the ceiling lights were on, TV was on, the DVD player was on, had a clock radio plugged in and then turned on a small fan. Then  the breaker tripped. Does this make sense?  I wouldn't think there would be that much load ?

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 02:40:39 AM »
Hum, I am not sure why that would trip a breaker. We have also had all that on and never had a problem. We have a small fan we use in the bedroom also and never had a breaker trip. As far as the tv upgrade the latches are the same type they use on the closet doors and other drawers. The cabinet has never came open even on some pretty rough roads. The TV is an LED which I am told uses less energy and creates less heat. Having HDTV's definitely makes a big difference in our watching enjoyment. Putting all the equipment in the TV cabinet also freed up the lower cabinet for more storage. I will try to get some better photos after I get home from work.
Larry Fisk
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 02:43:55 AM »
Oh and yes Jeff, it is a 26"
Larry Fisk
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

MarcRodstein

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 03:03:40 AM »
I noticed that in your bedroom cabinet you have electronics and a subwoofer. Can you really hear the subwoofer when it is buried in a closed cabinet? Does it rattle or boom too much in there?

Also, it looks like there is no way to dissipate the heat from your electronics. Do they get really hot back there?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:54:05 PM by 210 »

Jeff Watt

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 05:57:17 PM »
If we are talking about new TV's, has anyone installed one in the basement? I am thinking with the new TVs weighing very little and not taking a lot of space and with a good swing bracket, a unit could be mounted which would be flush against a wall and then moved out when wanting to watch.  I expect they are too heavy to mount on the actual door, but that would be a nice fit.

Jeff

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 07:54:44 PM »
Jeff,

I did install one in the basement with a swing arm.

It was a cool addition especially with football season underway.

Tom

Jeff Watt

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 10:08:15 PM »
Tom.

Where did you mount the arm and were there any problems/issues to be aware of? What size of TV did you use?

On my MH, the wall separating the storage bay from the holding tank bay already has a co-ax cable connector coming out the wall and there is also a receptacle. There is a floor beam to contend with but staying with a smaller TV I think it would swing under it.

I haven't tested it yet, but I am guessing the co-ax connector gets its feed from the living area and can therefore be either satellite or cable - anyone know?

Alternatively the wall that separates the storage bay from the bay where the water/aquahot is located could mount a TV, but then a coaxial cable and power would have to be fed to that side.

Jeff

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 04:09:43 AM »
Yes, you can hear the subwoofer fine. No rattles or distortions so far. We have not had a problem with heat in the bedroom set up. We have had trouble with the front setup recently though in the overhead cabinet in the living area. The dvr has actually gone into a cool down mode and shutdown. It was the first time we have had that happen. Looks like we will need to put a fan in there somewhere to help keep it cool on hot days. That is the only issue we have had with the electronics.
Larry Fisk
525 (C-13) CAT Engine