Author Topic: Keyless Entry Programing  (Read 8966 times)

Bruce Benson

Keyless Entry Programing
« on: December 16, 2010, 05:48:34 AM »
I purchased a SCS/Frigette replacement remote keyless door bob from Beaver Coach Sales, went to the suggested web page, http://www.flemingsalesoem.com/SCS/PDF/609-73791.pdf , found the programming instruction and tried it a number of times exactly as described on the web site.  I managed to make the one we had quit working and that is as far as I have gotten after a number of tries.

The instructions indicate that the remote will not work when the ignition is on.  I checked that before I started the programing and ours worked with the ignition off or on.  

The instructions talk about a relay clicking within the controller after the programing button is held for 4 seconds.  That does not happen.

It appears that the unit offers marker light flashing and entry door lighting.  We have never had either of those features.

There is a 30 amp fuse (about the only auto type fuse in my coach) in line to the keyless entry controller.  Is this part of the puzzle?  

Can any of you early 21st century coach owners help me out with this?

Thanks!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Keyless Entry Programing
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 02:28:50 AM »
Bruce-

Seems like there was at least one thread regarding similar issues over the last year or two.  While waiting for knowledgeable replies, you might run a Search of threads or tags on the Forum.

As I recall, the guys talked about a control box and/or antenna under the dash access in front of the driver?

:-/Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bruce Benson

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 02:55:25 AM »
I did read that thread.  It seemed to refer to a different system manufactured by Magnadyne.  The coaches were newer, thus post Monaco.  Mine is located in the electric bay and appears to be manufactured by SCS/Frigette.  

It is sometimes hard to come up with the correct word for these searches so the existence of another thread is always a possibility.  "Keyless" was the word that I searched last night before I posted this.  The only result that I found was the one that I think that you are referring to.

Thanks!

Bruce Benson

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 07:33:59 AM »
I am going to answer part of my own question, just so it is here as a resource on the board.  

On my 2001 Marquis, the programing is done by pushing the programing button on the control box located on the rear wall of the electric bay which is the outside bay, front door, divers side.  The button should be pushed momentarily one time, no need to hold for four seconds, then released.  Then you should push the "LOCK" button on first one the the others of the key bobs.  You must fill 4 programming slots, so if you have two bobs you can push each one twice or one three times and the other once.  You just need to fill in the boxes so to speak.  You then push one more lock button on one of the bobs and you should hear the box click and the locks activate.  You can then test each of the functions on all of the bobs and you should be pleased with yourself.  

Just to be clear, you do not have to do anything with the ignition switch, it is probably not even connected to the system.  You can have up to four bobs, so you have to fill all four memory slots when you program it.  It is perfectly happy if you fill all of them with one bob or any combination that you choose.  Simply put, press the programing button once, press any combination of lock buttons five times (being sure to press each of the bobs you wish to program at least once) and you are done!  Do not press any key other than the lock key during the programing process.  Your programing button access hole may be covered with a paper sticker.  Punch a hole in the center of it or remove it.    

All of this said, the next Beaver in line may be completely different.  

My thanks to Tom Halter at Beaver Coach Sales for helping me work this out.

Now, for the part of the question that I still do not have the answer to.  Do any of you with 2001ish coaches get a flash of your clearance lights and/or a porch light to come on when you activate your keyless entry?

Thanks!

Edward Buker

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 02:02:07 PM »
Bruce,

I have a 2002 Marquis and I do not remember seeing a light blink with the keyless entry. I believe this system just unlocks and locks the doors and side compartments. The light blinking is usually a function of an alarm system, that includes a locking function, which signals arming with a light blink and sometimes a chirp of the alarm horn. I do not believe our system has any alarm features.

I have always wished that the remote had a button that would turn on the porch light......would be nice.

later Ed

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 09:48:23 PM »
My 2008 Contessa turns on the porch light when the unlock is pressed on the fob.  It is indeed a nice feature at night.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 08:29:24 PM »
Later models have the porch light feature available, and their lamps blink when the fob's lock function is used, much like some cars.  However, not all newer rigs come standard with a fob/porch light function;  our '06 Monterey doesn't.  When our original keyless pad malfunctioned under warranty due to water intrusion, I asked the tech at Bend (BCS) if he could replace the pad with the version that had the porchlight feature.  Like many, we often return to camp in a forest service campground on a moonless night, and can't see the door locks.  The tech tried, but said he couldn't upgrade the panel;  I assume because the wiring wasn't in place for that function.  I suppose it still could be done, but at some labor cost for the wiring and component upgrade.

One option is the lamps available now, online and at Camping World, that can be mounted near the door (or anywhere else), and that have motion detectors and solar eyes.  They only work in dark conditions, are LED, just stick on, and use AAA batteries.  They're about $40/pair and called Night Owl.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat