Author Topic: Carefree of Colorado Omega II Topper Awning  (Read 2914 times)

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Carefree of Colorado Omega II Topper Awning
« on: August 14, 2017, 03:34:02 AM »
Does anyone here know where I can get new pull-down straps?

The direct replacement straps should be 60" long with a 3" long polyrod sewed onto the upper end of the strap and a rubber thread-spool looking device on the other end (1 1/8" long x 1" diameter, hollow core, rubber) that the pull-down cane hooks into to extend downward the window shade fabric when parked.

I have found on Amazon what appears to be an unfinished 93" replacement strap.  It has the polyrod sewed onto the upper end, but I don't see the rubber, thread-spool looking device on the lower end.  This 93" strap appears to be an option - I would need to shorten it, obviously, and sew a loop into the lower end that snugly holds the rubber, thread-spool looking device.

When I had new fabric installed a couple years back I thought new straps would be forthcoming with the new awning fabric... but I guess the obvious ain't so obvious to some.  I mean, after all, the straps see as much sun as the awning fabric, and therefore will be subject to degradation by the sun just as much.  Wouldn't you think?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:40:30 PM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Michael Rump

• BAC Member
Re: Carefree of Colorado Omega II Topper Awning
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 12:47:29 PM »
David,

Call Chris at Stonevos; 352-942-0224.

They will make them to your requirements. 

Regards,
Mike and Janis Rump
2004 Patriot Thunder
CAT 505 HP C12
2014 Honda CRV

Bill Staley

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 01:06:28 PM »
I called Carefree in Colorado and they are making them for me.  You need the distance the slides extend and they have a formula that gives the correct length.
The following users thanked this post: Bob Stone

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 04:10:19 PM »
As Bill said, Carefree of Colorado will make them for you.  Get the dimensions that the slide comes out and they will custom make.  The replacement will include the spool-shaped rubber piece as well.
Following is a link to their contact sheet:

https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree30/contactus?action=%27contact%27
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 09:13:06 PM »
We recently replaced all six straps for our two streetside Omega II awnings.  The cost was $84.42 including freight.  One important note is they do NOT come with the rubber grommets in the two pull-down straps.  You will need to remove the rubber grommets from the old straps and insert them into the new straps.  We were unable to remove the grommets from the old straps without cutting the stitching to open the loop where there are fixed.  Putting the grommets into the new straps isn't difficult.

The four hold-down straps are the same, but the two pull-down straps' lengths are different lengths and dependent upon how far the slides come out from the coach.  I removed one hold-down strap and both pull-down straps, measured their lengths, and told the Carefree lady that information.  From their lengths she knew what strap part numbers to send.  She said the straps are pre-made and come off the inventory shelf.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!