Author Topic: Auxiliary Air Up Port  (Read 3599 times)

Pat Long

Auxiliary Air Up Port
« on: September 21, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »
I own a 2000 Marquis Amethyst and have been told about an auxiliary air port for towing but have yet to find this port.   Can anyone help with this and point me in the general direction. 

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Auxiliary Air Up Port
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:15:11 PM »
The air ports I have seen are located at the rear hitch near where the electrical connection for a towed vehicle is plugged in.  I don't know that all coaches have this air port.  Ours does not.  If you are asking about the air port for filling tires, etc. using the coach's air system, then ours is located inside the curb side, far rear basement compartment with the batteries.  Ours has a 6-pack of air ports, one of which is for connecting an air hose and five of which are for exhausting moisture from the coach's air system and tanks.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Pat Long

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 06:26:58 PM »
Thank You,   I should have been more exact of what I was implying.   I am talking about an air line that a tow truck would supply air to My coach in case it needs to be towed to supply my air system with air

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 08:24:55 PM »
Pat,
You should have a Milton female quick coupler that is tied into the air system. I am not sure where they put it on the 42 ft. coach, but it will be either in the LF electrical bay or the RR filter bay. Some coaches have one in each location. There were a few coaches that had the air line ran to the proper location, but they just plugged the end instead of installing the quick coupler. If yours is one of those coaches, you just need to remove the plug and install a quick coupler.

Gerald

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 12:27:43 AM »
On my 06 PT the air up coupler is on the pass side next to the gen down low, there is a air chuck in the fuel tank bay on the drivers side, but I think it has a check valve in it. There is also a air drain valve there and one in the engine bay.