Author Topic: Coax hookup for additional TV  (Read 3279 times)

Ron Morgan

Coax hookup for additional TV
« on: December 17, 2010, 05:01:54 PM »
We recently purchased a 1998 Beaver Patriot. I have a question about the coax cable hookup that is above the driver's seat on the left side. Is it connected to the coach cable TV system? We are preparing to make our first trip and will have cable TV at the RV park. We plan to use a small flat screen TV instead of the older style TV's that are in the coach. I am hoping I can connect the flat screen to the connection above the driver's chair.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.  We are starting our mostly full time adventure and have a lot to learn.

Ron Morgan

Gerald Farris

Re: Coax hookup for additional TV
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:23:57 AM »
Ron,
There are several variables that will change the way that you accomplish your goal, but it is very doable. The location that you are going to place the flat screen TV will change the way that it is wired. Also the goal that you have in going to the flat screen TV will influence the way that the project is handled.

Other influencing factors will be the picture definition that you want to achieve on the new TV, and what kind of wiring input the TV is equipped with. If you can answer these questions we will be able to help you, or you can call me personally and we can discuss the project over the phone.

Gerald Farris
713-254-4156  

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
Re: Coax hookup for additional TV
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 04:31:40 AM »
Ron, we have a 98 Beaver Patriot 37' and I am willing to acquaint you with the switch panel above the drivers seat and how it (at least ours) is wired. If you want to call me. (408) 515-5957.

Remember, two coaches off the same line the same day can be wired differently!

Larry Fritz.
Larry Fritz