Author Topic: Bedroom slideout roller  (Read 2656 times)

William Jordan

Bedroom slideout roller
« on: October 01, 2017, 02:00:02 AM »
Rear slide out roller on the bedroom slide , the one that’s almost impossible to get to came off. I was retracting the slide heard a pop and stopped immediately. I found the roller assembly bracket and roller on the floor when I reached back under the nightstand. And that side of the slide had dropped about 1/4 inch
Background is I had been having the rear roller dig into the outside bottom  tearing pieces off and had put on the “list”of items to repair. I learned From  prior postings  here to purchase some delrin and “ fix “ the problem .. this happened about 3 weeks before that plan was to happen. We are leaving the coach for 2 weeks tonight  but I’ll be back to solve this problem as I need leave Indiana before the end of October
Any ideas on a fix to re attaching the roller ? I assume it’s positioned over a frame rail for support so moving it isn’t a good idea 
As an alternative we are in the northern Indiana area ( Fort Wayne) ... Elkhart etc are there any service shops or mobile repair anyone can recommend ?
When I get back I can work on this and at least get it functional until I can get back to Oregon to BCS or Elite for s more permanent solution

Pat Long

Re: Bedroom slideout roller
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 04:44:50 AM »
Bill,    I just repaired my bedroom slide floor bottom because or wear issues and misalignment issues.  Contemplated Delrin, but went with 1/8" Aluminum sheets grade 6061 T6 Structural grade.  The strength of the aluminum is 14,000 psi and Delrin was at best for what I could find, 9,000 psi for 1/4".  Neither will rust and aluminum was cheaper for me and readily available.  Also installed 3 plates in the same configuration to the living room slide for the same bottom wear and alignment issues. 

As for my bedroom roller it is still working just fine, just had to address the floor wear.