Author Topic: Thermostats and Monitor panel inop/dead  (Read 5162 times)

Rod n Jan Carter

Thermostats and Monitor panel inop/dead
« on: December 18, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
2000 Thunder.  The thermostats and monitor panel are inop/dead.  Of course the furnace and a/c don't work, but the Rixen system is still making hot water.  The battery voltages on the Heart/Interface panel are reading 14.0-14.5 volts.  Where should I look for circuit protection?  Anyone know what the problem is, and where shouldl I go for service?  I'm in the boondocks 35 miles SW of Jacksonville, Florida.  Thanks for your help.  Rod Carter  (Previous owner was Ken Willmon.)

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Thermostats and Monitor panel inop/dead
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 08:19:12 PM »
just curious have you checked the fuse panel over the bed to check and see if the fuse has kicked?

Also check the wire on the back of the thermostat for a solid connection.

Rod n Jan Carter

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 09:25:37 PM »
There's no fuse panel over the bed, but one in the closet was checked.  Since there are two thermostats, and both don't work, I figured the connections were okay, besides this fault happened suddenly, like a fuse or cb.  Thanks for your concern,  rod

Louis and Elise Williams

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 01:18:55 AM »
Allianc Coach, the old Monaco Service Center, is not too far from you. They are located at Wildwood, FL. The telephone number is 352-330-3800 or you coulld try Brett Howards cell at 352-516-4144. They are one of our Beaver sponsors.

Bill Stireman

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »
Rod,

Don't know if it is the same situation, but I just had a problem with no 12 vold feed from the a/c unit to my thermostat ('04 Monterey) and it was a bad connector in the wiring bay.  I replaced the connector and was back in business.

Bill Stireman

Rod n Jan Carter

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 09:57:53 PM »
Thanks for all your responses.  I was moved to recheck the dc fuses in the bedroom, and discovered that I had plugged one back into a "spare" socket after checking it, so I put it back where it belonged and everything works just fine.  I must be getting older than I think.  Thanks again,  Rod

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 12:19:56 AM »
Nice to have a happy ending. I made a mistake once just to see what it was like. My wife says different.  Glad it was not expensive.