Author Topic: Recomendations for reattaching slide bulbseals?  (Read 1919 times)

Bruce Sieloff

Recomendations for reattaching slide bulbseals?
« on: October 22, 2017, 08:04:23 PM »
I could use some recomendations for reattaching slide bulbseals. We are currently residing in the path of the "atmospheric river" dumping rain on Western Washingtion for the last 4 days while we head south and will be here for another week. We had the slide seals replaced about 4 years ago and in investigating a leak in the rear lower corner of the bedroom slide I discovered that the exterior white bulb seal has detached from the coach slide frame. Since the slide seals by friction the lack of an anchor point could be the cause of the leak. The seal was the self adhesive type, a peel and stick operation and apparently not very adhesive, little of the seal backing stuck to the frame. I have a tube of Lexel available but could hunt down some 3M weather stripping seal on Monday but I am reluctant to make it too adherent in case it seal needs to be removed. I intend to use some acetone to clean the slide frame, but is there something better than White Lexel to glue down the seal itself?

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Recomendations for reattaching slide bulbseals?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 10:02:35 PM »
3M Yellow 77 is a good spray adhesive. Don't know what the factory used.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 11:13:43 PM »
Bruce, 3m also makes an adhesive activator that works well to reattach rubber seals. Industrial Finishes sells it in all of their Oregon locations and use to supply Monaco with many of their adhesives. I think they also have a location in Vancouver,  Washington . Good luck
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Bruce Sieloff

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:33:08 AM »
Thanks for the 3M recommendations, Vancouver is just down the road so I may give them a call. Lexel adheres well and is easy to clean off if the seal needs to be removed later, that is why it's tempting.