Author Topic: Stacked washer & dryer question  (Read 1692 times)

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Stacked washer & dryer question
« on: October 27, 2017, 03:03:54 PM »
Next week, we are having the Splendide combo removed, and are replacing it with a stacked washer & dryer. Does anyone who uses that system know if we can do laundry using both the fresh water tank or the city water? On average, how much water does a load of laundry consume?

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Mike Shumack

Re: Stacked washer & dryer question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 03:19:41 PM »
My 2005 Owners manual says the washer uses between 12 to 20 gallons per wash cycle.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 03:31:28 PM »
I would think the Splendides, having a rather small load capability, would use less water than a stand-alone washer.  We use our Splendide all Winter while parked in the Fortuna Foothills of Yuma.  But we are parked on a private lot with FHU, so we have access to unlimited water in and out.  We don't use the Splendide when drycamping because several loads will just about wipe-out our fresh water tank and fill the gray tank.

Obviously, I am guessing the change to separate washer and dryer units comes with larger load capability.  And that would logically mean more water usage per load.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 03:37:23 PM »
Yes you can use both water systems you can also run these with the APU but not on battery to much load
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13