Author Topic: Auxiliary air compressor  (Read 2062 times)

George Morlan

• BAC Member
Auxiliary air compressor
« on: November 03, 2017, 08:56:39 PM »
The  auxiliary compressor in the  front of our 2007 Contessa comes on and frequently won't turn off   This has been a continuing problem for several years.  We've replaced the pressure switch at least three times and the whole compressor has burned out twice. The tank is drained to get rid of any water about twice a month.  I've had a switch put in so that I can turn it off manually to avoid burning out the compressor again.  Has anyone else experienced this, and what was the solution?

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
Re: Auxiliary air compressor
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 12:14:33 AM »
George,  I would call Valid located in Salmon Arm, British Columbia and talk to their technical support as they have helped me in the past. You probably  have taugh me something as I have not drained my leveling compressor in 11 years.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Dan Murphy

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 02:27:07 PM »
The compressor in our Contessa is also acting up. I think I have an air leaking the rear of the coach. We are taking it in to the shop at Alliance next week to see if they can find the problem. It used to come on every 4 hours or so for 20-25 seconds but now it comes on and says on for 3 to 6 minutes which is crazy! I am afraid it will come on some day and not stop and burn it up.
I hope the shop can find out what is going on!

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 02:49:33 PM »
Mine had the opposite problem a year or so ago.  I only mention it because the on/off command comes from the HWH air leveling system.  They replaced the computer (or whatever it's called) because it was not sending the 12V to run the compressor. That fixed the problem.  It's conceivable to me that maybe the "computer" is faulty and sending the "on" command when it is not appropriate.  Just a thought but it has to be getting 12Vs from somewhere.  Good luck.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH