Author Topic: Paint Codes  (Read 3566 times)

Bob Bulot

Paint Codes
« on: November 10, 2017, 04:14:42 PM »
My apologies. I realize this has been a well-covered topic.  I just can’t find the paint codes for my coach.  I particularly need the codes for the metallic black and the light beige colors.  There is nothing inside cabinet doors or in my owners manuals. 

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Paint Codes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 05:51:10 PM »
I found our paint scheme (veranda) and paint codes on the back of an upper kitchen cabinet door above the right side of the kitchen sink.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 06:33:49 PM »
Call Monaco with your VIN and ask for a 'build sheet' and MSRP label. The MSRP label will have all options listed as well as paint codes. I found my paint codes inside the cabinet door in the kitchen, same a David. Maybe the PO removed the paint code label and stuck it in the manual or other MH stuff box?
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 12:36:26 AM »
I found our paint scheme (veranda) and paint codes on the back of an upper kitchen cabinet door above the right side of the kitchen sink.

I found mine there too - thanks to your post.
So how do you get paint mixed with these codes. I could use some touch up.

Mine are PA5201 (Base), PA5205 (Mask), PA5202 (Accent), and DC92GL (Clearcoat). Who (what paint supplier) knows what these codes mean?

What paint manufacture did Beaver use in 2005?

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 02:26:04 AM »
I think the following links will steer you in the right direction.  If memory serves, the Diamont paint (made by BASF) used in these years (the early 2000s) has been regulated out of existence, but I'm not sure of that.  And I think it was Industrial Finishes in Bend who made up a pint of each of our coach's four colors in 2014.

http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,3271.msg24764.html#msg24764

http://industrialfinishes.com/bend-or/

Note in the first link that I didn't need the paint colors.  I simply told Industrial Finishes my exterior paint scheme (Veranda) and year of our coach, and they had the paint info in their records.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:33:07 AM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Joe Moreschi

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 02:34:26 AM »
Mike I had 5 colors made up at BCS in small containers about4 ounces each. This was about two months ago from their paint shop

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 03:29:31 AM »
I took the refrigerater access panel to a RV paint place and they were able to match the five colors even though I had the paint codes.  I think that was able to adjust for any color change over 8 years
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Bill Sprague

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 04:41:15 PM »
Beaver Coach Sales was very accommodating.   They apparently don't throw paint away.   The problem is shipping!  When I needed some for a ding,  Jerry Carr was getting service.  I asked him to be my "errand boy" and he brought some convenient plastic bottles.   I'm not sure of the circumstances at the time, but  BCS refused to let me pay for the three little bottles of paint.