Author Topic: bath skylight  (Read 5340 times)

Dave Blystone

bath skylight
« on: December 30, 2010, 04:49:14 AM »
My bath skylight leaks a little.  Is there a best way to seal it up again.
Thanks.

Dave
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:13:44 AM by 14 »

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: bath skylight
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 06:27:46 PM »
HI Dave, I have had problems in our old rig, you really should pull it and start over, if you get water between the layers you can just do a quick fix by drilling a small hole to allow the water to draIN BUT TO STOP THE WATER YOU SHOULD DO A NEW INSTALL.

Its not that big of a job you can pick up the supplies at a camper world.  
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 03:31:28 AM »
Hi Dave,
 I just had our shower dome replaced at Lazydays. The old dome was cracked so it let water in between the shells. When the tech took it off it fell apart. He told us this is a 7-10 year maintenance issue and advised us to order a spare as these domes may go out of production soon. Replacing this dome has resolved all the leaks we had in the area!!!  Its an easy fix if you are comfortable up on your roof.  Jeremy

2000 Marquis Amethyst C12 455hp

Dave Blystone

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 04:26:57 AM »
thanks  ill fix it next week as im in fla now  dave

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 10:04:10 AM »
FYI to all interested
As of last fall Beaver coach sales told me that they stock these skylights.  They usualy have 6 or so in stock.
I did reseal our cracked skylight and it held nicely through summer and all the washing but with the cold this winter the seal has let go again.  Time for a replacement.  There is some damage to the ceiling caused by leaking that was absorbed in the plywood etc and didnt get fixed.  Way cheaper to just replace the skylight.

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 07:41:29 AM »
I have had to replace the shower skylight on both of the Beaver coaches that I have owned (hail damage). There was not one available for the 93 Patriot that I owned. so we had one custom made. The company's name that made it is listed on the parts source board,   http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1235187755/  

It was only a few dollars more than the one that I bought from Beaver Coach Sales last May for the coach that I have now, and it was a perfect fit.

Gerald  

Brian Sexton

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 09:45:43 PM »
Beaver Coach sales definately stocks skylights, they even had the exact one for my 2000 Contessa and shipped it out promplty.  The cost was lower than one quoted by the new Monaco that would have taken a couple weeks to receive.  Changing it out takes some patience and time, but not too hard.  The only thing that did not match exactly were the screw holes, but no worries, since the old ones are easily sealed with the self leveling Dicor adhesive they recommended and shipped with the skylight.  
Brian and Chippy Sexton
40' 2000 Beaver Contessa
Cat 3126B
2019 F150 following close behind