Author Topic: Tire balancing question  (Read 1418 times)

Paul Aronson

• BAC Member
Tire balancing question
« on: February 26, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »
Getting ready to put new tires on the front of my 2007 Patriot Thunder. I have used Dyna Beads in the past and found they worked well. One dealer suggested using EqualFlexx. Have not run across this product yet. Does anybody have experience with either?

I plan on using the FMCA Michelin tire program pricing going with the X Coach HL Z tire because of the weight rating. They appear to have the highest weight rating I can find. This should allow me to safely use slightly less air preassure in the tire and still stay within safe tire weight limits.
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder Winchester III
45' C-13 525 Hp
2013 Chevy Traverse

Paul Aronson

• BAC Member
Re: Tire balancing question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:04:54 AM »
Update:
Follow up to my original post. Ordered two Michelin tires. The dealer agreed not to "make me" buy them if they are more than 3 months old. Thought this was very kind since he does not have control over the date on the tires he recieves. Also, after much reading, purchased two centramatic balancing wheels from a supplier in Florida. Free shipping and the units will actually be drop shipped from the factory in Texas. Hope the tires show up soon and try everything out. Expect to have the tires installed at our site rather than drive to the tire dealer. Will cost a little extra but.............

Sorry for the long post but I recieved significant feedback, some in private emails, and I felt I obligated to provide feedback. More after the test run.
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder Winchester III
45' C-13 525 Hp
2013 Chevy Traverse