Author Topic: Tub Faucet Access  (Read 5892 times)

Jimymc

Tub Faucet Access
« on: January 18, 2011, 10:15:42 PM »
We have a 41 foot '04 Beaver Monterey Laguna with four slides.  It also has a small bath tub instead of just a shower.  The knob on the faucet that selects the shower has broken and we need to replace the faucet.  Only thing is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to gain access to the bottom of the faucet to replace it.  The faucet is on the outside of the tub, up next to the outside wall of the coach.

HELP!!!   ??)

John Gardner

Re: Tub Faucet Access
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:56:28 AM »
Jim,
We have an '05 Beaver Santiam, with a bath and half. We also have a tub in the main bath area, and have a faucet on the tub with a shower hose. I am wanting to do some mods on the faucet and found an access panel in top of the outside compartment, right outside the bath area.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:30:37 AM by 14 »

Jimymc

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:09:38 PM »
Thanks, John.  We don't have a bay opening below the tub/faucet, but the service bay is just forward of there.  I'll take a look behind the panels in this area and see if we can gain access there.

Thanks for the info.

Jim

Jimymc

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 09:42:58 PM »
Well... I have bad news for other 04 Monterey Laguna owners that have a tub/shower.

I pulled the panels in the back of the service bay and guess what?  I saw two hoses leading through a hole drilled in the floor that service the faucet in the tub.  Oh Joy!  So I guess I will have to have the whole tub assembly taken out just to replace the faucet.  How dumb is that?

Hopefully our extended warranty will cover the cost.  I'm sure it will be a big bill with labor at over $100 and hour.

Edward Buker

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 12:56:33 AM »
You may be able to cut the tub enclosure around the faucet area, replace the faucet, and get a piece of Corion and fashion a small panel to allow mounting and future access.

later Ed

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 01:41:06 PM »
You also could check with a good fiberglass technician (body shop) that could cut and repair the material.

Bruce Benson

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 01:44:55 AM »
Can you cut your own access hole through the floor?  If the pipes go through and there is room between the tub and the wall to connect to the faucet, there must also be enough room to cut a hole in the floor and get a hand up there.  An easy to make plywood cover would cover the new hole and access would be easy after that.