Author Topic: Xantrex inverter  (Read 2244 times)

Dean Johnson

• BAC Member
Xantrex inverter
« on: March 24, 2018, 01:54:54 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what model this is but at random times, I get a beeping alarm and the fault shows "internal failure, service required."I clear the fault and the inverter restarts. This has happened before and I have not had it happen in a while until today where we are parked for a couple of days with no external power at all. Then the alarm comes on again today and this time it shows battery voltage low. I'm pretty sure that the inverter is set to come on automatically if the battery voltage gets too low.

I have the generator running for a few hours to charge the batteries a bit but has anyone experienced this kind of issue with the Xantrex? I plan to have BCS look at the problem when we get to Bend in July.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:10:17 AM by Dean Johnson »
Dean & Anita
2014 Entegra Anthem
2005 Monterey Cat C-9
1993 Bounder (1st coach!)
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
Past Region 1 Vice President

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Xantrex inverter
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 03:57:13 AM »
When my inverter gives me a series of beeps, I normally find it is a fault and caused by the fact that the battery voltage was low, but the generator would not start because it was during quiet hours for the inverter.  Check to make sure your quiet hours and clock are set so generator will start with battery voltage low.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13