Author Topic: induction cooktops  (Read 2066 times)

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
induction cooktops
« on: April 05, 2018, 12:38:38 AM »
Hi Looking at going all electric and there seems to be 2 brands that are commonly used in rv application. They are True Induction and Furrion. It seems by my reading that the Furrion was specifically designed for Rv application But ?? and I kind of bothers me that the True induction has a different gasket material for " easy removal for service in RV applications".  Any input or experience would be helpful. Also the Furrion is 2x the price.  Also if there any other manufacturers for RV application that I do not know of.(flush mount countertop 2 burner)

Thanks
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee

Tic Wilson

Re: induction cooktops
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 03:11:31 AM »
Jim, we purchased a standalone single burner true induction unit to allow cooking outside on hot days.  Worked so well, we then purchased the two burner and had it installed in place of our gas stove.  There was already an outlet, so no new wiring was required.  It could theoretically be removed as it is a totally complete package, but that will never happen.  We love ours, heats fast, cools fast.  And if you do not have induction pans, adapter heat transfer plates are available. https://www.amazon.com/True-Induction-TI-2C-Cooktop-Efficient/dp/B004BFVWKW.  You cannot use full power on both burners at one time, but that has not been an issue for us.

2005 Monterey Laguna IV
The following users thanked this post: Jim Edwards

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 03:33:54 AM »
Jim.
There are a number of posts re induction cooktops if you search on "induction". Here is the thread I started after installing our units.
http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,6612.0.html
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 04:30:09 AM »
Jim,
Unless you are committed to an induction cooktop, you might consider a 120 volt radiant cooktop like the Kenyon that was OEM in my all electric Beaver Solitaire. https://www.amazon.com/Kenyon-B41601-Caribbean-2-Burner-120-volt/dp/B001652LU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522898570&sr=8-1&keywords=kenyon+b41601

Gerald

Doug Allman

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 01:26:46 PM »
Jim, All the Entegra coachs come with the Furrion. In our Cornerstone early this winter a dish from above it dropped on it and that is now history with a new one installed. No other manufacturer makes one the size of the Furrion.
Saw several negative posts from Entegra owners but my wife likes the Furrion very well and she does a lot of cooking. We then replaced and would do it again if we had to.
I would suggest to anyone with a glass top induction that they make a decorative cover that uses the countertop around it for support to protect the glass, not a cover that rests on the glass. Replacement is around $400.00, but it is very simple to remove and reinstall.

If you break the glass there is no just glass replacement as it is an integrated part to the whole unit. If the glass breaks the electrical grid breaks.
The following users thanked this post: Bob Stone, Jim Edwards