Author Topic: Front brake calipers, rotors, and pads.  (Read 2696 times)

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Front brake calipers, rotors, and pads.
« on: October 24, 2017, 04:41:11 AM »
Ok all,
I took the 2001 Contessa in to the local shop for brakes. The service manager asked me to get the parts to save me some $$$. I thought I had found everything ok. I had talked with a guy that had joined a new group on facebook. He has the exact or so I thought model Contessa that I have right down to the paint.

He had brake work done in August due to a sticking caliper. Same issue I just had. Left front brake caliper was not releasing. I got an overheated left brake, melted the abs sensor plastic, and also cracked the oil bath wheel hub leaking gear oil out.

I emailed the shop that did his work and they sent me the NAPA part numbers for the rotors, calipers, and pads that they had ordered for his coach. Ordered them all and took in to them this am, now they called and are telling me that I got the wrong disc brake pads. He told me there are two sizes, long and short, I ordered what they said and are long pads....

All NAPA parts:
SE 8609-CALIPERS
FT7654- BRAKE PADS (WRONG ONES) told they need short pads instead?
880140CR - ROTORS

why would mine be different than his coach? I'd pull out my hair if I had some left!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

james duvall

Re: Front brake calipers, rotors, and pads.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 06:51:32 PM »
I just had a brake pad fall out of a rear caliper on my Contessa 38 and score the rotor . Bendix brakes , deep rotors . what Rockwell axel seals and part numbers did I need ?585-509-2577

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 12:32:34 AM »
I will check my paperwork I have and see whats listed....give me a few
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
CAT 3126B

Weeki Wachee,Fl

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 12:58:01 AM »
I just had a brake pad fall out of a rear caliper on my Contessa 38 and score the rotor . Bendix brakes , deep rotors . what Rockwell axel seals and part numbers did I need ?585-509-2577
370001A is the only number they show and that's for the front axle seals.....none listed for the rear seals.//sorry!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
CAT 3126B

Weeki Wachee,Fl