Author Topic: Water hose on electric reel  (Read 2086 times)

John Shannon

• BAC Member
Water hose on electric reel
« on: April 06, 2018, 09:36:09 PM »
I have a 2008 Contessa and my water hose will need to be replaced soon. Their is no direct access to where the hose enters the electric reel. A special hose is used that flattens as it rolls around the reel. A repair shop said the water bay panel needs to be removed and a complete new reel / hose combination needs to be installed. Anybody have this done or did it themselves.
John Shannon
2008 Contessa, 42' C9 425 HP
2018 Lincoln MKX

Lee Welbanks

Re: Water hose on electric reel
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 11:37:42 PM »
John, Just a guess here but the hose reel is probably a Glenndinning Products unit. That is the one in my 06 PT. I believe you can get all the parts and piece for a reel form them.

http://www.glendinningprods.com/

Michael Rump

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 04:38:09 AM »
Hi John,
I called Glenndinning Products and they sell a bolt on replacement reel with new hose for less than $150.
Additionally, they explained that the hose is food grade on the inside and the outside appearance doesn't effect the quality of the water.
Regards,
Mike and Janis Rump
2004 Patriot Thunder
CAT 505 HP C12
2014 Honda CRV

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 10:37:07 AM »
Just a thought here John but if the hose truly flattened out on the reel then would the hose need to be fully extended each time for city water connection?  I believe ours is a plastic hose that retains its shape even on the reel.
I looked at replacing our hose but not the reel as it works fine.  An option might be just splicing onto a very short portion of the original.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!