Author Topic: Inverter stays on  (Read 1983 times)

Paulhowell

Inverter stays on
« on: April 08, 2018, 01:09:44 AM »
Just recently, I’ve noticed that my inverter panel stays lit up when I have the coach in storage with the master switch (in the battery compartment) off and plugged into shore power. I noticed it as I was locking up and noticed the microwave oven front panel was lit up. I’ve cycled the inverter panel on and off but it still stays on in the off position. If I remove shore power it turns off. The panel is labeled “heart interface”. I can upload a pic if that helps. Thanks.

George Harwell

Re: Inverter stays on
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »
Paul, when you have the coach connected to shore power the microwave and inverter panel are illuminated. Just wondering why you have the battery switch turned off when using shore power.

Paulhowell

Re: Inverter stays on
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 04:11:17 PM »
George,
I store it at a covered RV storage unit. It has a 20amp outlet for power. I usually plug in the unit but turn off the master electrical switch since it would power the water heater if I left the master switch on. I suppose I never noticed that the inverter panel was lit and the microwave light was on when it was in this configuration.  I just happened to go back into the coach after I had powered it down and noticed it and I thought everything should be dark with the master switch off. So everything is working normally?
Thanks.