Author Topic: How to reset breaker for passenger plugs  (Read 5395 times)

Ron Morgan

How to reset breaker for passenger plugs
« on: January 22, 2011, 02:35:18 PM »
While cooking breakfast this morning, I forgot to turn off the electric space heater before I started the toaster. Needless to say, the circuit was overloaded and now I can't find the breaker switch or fuse to get it on-line again. I checked the AC breakers above the bed but nothing is showing as blown. I turned off the breaker for passenger 'recept' but resetting it did not help.

Thanks for your help.  This is our first outing in cold weather.

Ron

Edward Buker

Re: How to reset breaker for passenger plugs
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:20:39 PM »
Ron,

There is usually a breaker panel with 4 or so breakers mounted in the bay near the inverter charger. Look for a small grey box. All of the circuits that will operate off of the inverter are fed through this breaker box. I am not familiar with your particular coach but in my case that box is on the ceiling of the storage bay. I would flip each of those breakers off and back on. Feeding the inverter/charger and this basement breaker panel is usually a 30 amp breaker on your main AC breaker panel in the bedroom. Hope this helps.

later Ed

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 05:46:40 PM »
Ron,
Look in the basement on the back wall on the passenger side for a ground fault base plug. Reset that ground fault base plug and you should be back on line.

Gerald

Ron Morgan

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 05:57:46 PM »
Gerald,
I found the plug and pushed the re-set button. It did not appear to be 'tripped'. I still do not have power to the kitchen plugs. I have power in the bathroom plug.

Ron

John Fearnow

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 07:57:11 PM »
Our 2002 Patriot-Thunder has a GFI outlet mounted on the cabinet wall under the counter that is along side the back end of the couch on the driver side.  It is next to the phone jack.  All the galley outlets and the microwave are on the circuit.  Since I upgraded the GFI in the bathroom, this one seems to have assumed the roll of weak link in the chain and has tripped several times...but at least it is easily accessible and has always reset.

John Fearnow
2002 P-T
C-12

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 08:19:22 PM »
Pull the GFI socket and be sure there is power to the socket.  If no power is present, the GFI will not reset.  Then you will need to find the circuit breaker to that circuit.  If there is power to the socket, and it will not reset, the GFI is probably bad.

Larry

Ron Morgan

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 11:54:59 PM »
I called Larry Fritz, since he has a Beaver about the same age as ours. He was helpful in locating the inverter box. For our model, the 4 breakers are actually built into the inverter box. The problem is locating the box, since it is in the bay area. Our beaver has the entry door in the kitchen area, so the inverter is in the bay area on the passenger side behind the Hurricane heater. I had to almost crawl into the bay to get to the box.  Thanks for all of your replys.

Ron
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:41:20 PM by 14 »

Edward Buker

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 01:30:37 AM »
Ron,

Are you back up power wise?

later Ed

Ron Morgan

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 11:05:15 PM »
Ed, we are back in power. I will be very careful about what I plug into those kitchen and living room plugs. Your advice was right on, I just had to find the box.

Thanks for your help.  We are hoping for warmer weather here in the Florida panhandle.

Ron