Author Topic: Kitchen Vent Open Switch?  (Read 3005 times)

Walter Parr

Kitchen Vent Open Switch?
« on: April 24, 2018, 02:39:08 AM »
I'm a new (to me) owner of a 93 Grand Marquis, just took our 1st outing this weekend @ Moab
I can not find the Vent Open switch for the kitchen vent. I know where the In/Out switch is, but (unlike the bathroom vent) the Vent Open switch isn't on the same panel. I've looked in the manual and it doesn't say WHERE it is?
HELP?

Keith Phillips

Re: Kitchen Vent Open Switch?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 03:24:46 AM »
Ours is the "fan" switch on the thermostat in the kitchen. Auto is closed and on is open. Hope this helps.

Walter Parr

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 02:55:09 PM »
Thanks, will give it a try.

Doug Allman

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 12:44:32 AM »
This is just an FYI for anyone that has purchased or may purchase an Entegra coach.
There is no switch for the microwave power vent. There are however two tabs that lock the vent cover closed which you have to get a step ladder to reach and pull the tabs down to release the cover so that air can be exhausted.
Luckily we have a friend we stayed with that owns an Entegra and he asked why I did not unlock the cover as he walked by and heard the muffled fan blowing. DO WHAT? The dealer and two trips to the factory service facility never indicated this had to be done but my dear wife had commented on the  poor performance of the exhaust fan. My answer was that I would put in a ceiling exhaust fan. The exhaust fan is excellent if you have the vent flap out of the way and you do not need to do anything when you travel as no air comes in.

How about the back up lights. When they stay on all the time you call the service center and they say they will look at when you are next in, just unplug them. Then your Entegra Owner friend says as he overhears you - did you turn them on with the dash switch. DO WHAT? Entegra uses them as a docking light also - good idea but they at least could tell you about it.  FYI if you ever because it aint a Beaver.
If I didnt pull a tow I could use them for tailgaters.

Walter Parr

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 08:00:28 PM »
Thanks, will give it a try.
YUP, that was it :) :)
Thanks. I justr expected the kitchen to be done the same as the bathroom