Author Topic: Fresh water system  (Read 3324 times)

Larry C Perdue

Fresh water system
« on: April 03, 2018, 02:38:27 AM »
I am new to motor homes, and new to BAC. I have a 1999 Monterey, and I have fresh water leaks. Air pressure on the water fill tells me I have a leak right behind the panel where the fill is located. I read a post recently that said remove the screws and cut the caulk to remove the water panel. I don't think mine will come thru the opening, even after all that is done. Anyone have experience with this on this coach. Redondo floor plan, if that makes a difference.

I also think I have another leak...probably at or near the fresh water tank. I have wetness in the front basement panel, near the back wall.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

To clarify, the panel I'm shaving trouble with is where the water fill, black tank flush, water manifolds, a kitchen-type sprayer, and a light are located. I have removed the screws and cut the caulk, but the panel is bigger than the access door, and no way to tilt or shift it. How in the world can one remove it? I can hear air just behind that panel.
On another note, I have the water bay in the basement on the passenger side. That is where the pump is located, as well as the low point drain, icemaker hookup, Etc. I have no problem there...just replaced the pump. I seem to also have a leak in the front basement bay, near the front, just under the fresh water tank...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:29:44 AM by Larry C Perdue »

Ron Johnson

Re: Fresh water system
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 03:46:44 PM »
I had the same issue a few months ago and replaced the city water fill which fixed it thank goodness .. I was not looking forward to dealing with the panel.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 04:39:13 PM »
Larry,
I have never seen a Beaver coach that you could not remove the panel in the water bay. A lot of coaches have a towel dispenser that can be removed that has a hole under it to allow you some visibility or the ability to feel for wet areas when trying to diagnose a leak issue.

On the water tank leak, have you checked your water pump for a leak? Water pumps are a common source for water leaks.

Gerald   

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 12:29:24 AM »
I had a water leak and thought it was from the ice maker filter area, but after removing the panel i found the fitting on top of the black water tank( the one for flushing out the tank) had broken off. luckily I was able to get it out from the tank and replace the fitting.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Larry C Perdue

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 12:56:33 AM »
Gerald,

Thanks. My water pump is to the rear of my basement...my water tank leak is to the front of the basement...near the large drain valve. Still haven't figured out how to remove water panel behind city water fill.

Ted Couch

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 10:20:16 PM »
Gerald, do you have a recommendation for fresh water pumps? We are looking at the Shurflo with flow rate 3 gpm and shutoff pressure 55 PSI. I posted on another entry under the tech section and apologize for the duplication. We have a water leak that appeared to be dripping from the fresh water tank, but I also found moisture in the compartment under the sink. The pump seems to have stopped completely. We are scheduled for a leak test later this month. Thanks for your thoughts.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 10:23:00 PM by Ted Couch »

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 12:01:34 AM »
Ted,
This is the answer that I posted on the other thread.

Ted,
If you are talking about the Shurflo Revolution water pump, it is an economical choice that will give you adiquate service. It has a built-in bypass that reduces the cycling effect at a moderate water flow like when you are showering, but it still has some, and at only 3 GPM it can not handle multiple facets very well.

However, I strongly prefer the Aquajet ARV water pump even though it is twice the price of the Shurflo Revolution. The Aquajet pumps 5.3 GPM, produces 65 PSI, and it is variable speed so the pump runs at the speed necessary to maintain a steady water flow with very good pressure while you are showering. https://www.amazon.com/Remco-55-AQUAJET-ARV-Aquajet-Water/dp/B004RCSLFS

Gerald

Ted Couch

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 03:12:02 AM »
Gerald, does this produce more pressure than my 40-foot 1989 Marquis water system is made to handle? I did read about some people experiencing blown seals after installing this pump. The pump we have installed currently is a Shurflo 335-3000 which is a marine pump from what I see on line. It is no longer available, of course; it is the original pump as far as I can tell.

Ted

Gerald Farris

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 02:45:35 PM »
Ted,
I am not positive what tubing was used by Beaver to plumb your 89 Marquis, but it is probably similar or exactly like the PEX tubing in the later model coaches, and if so the pressure rating depends on the water temperature. The working PSI rating for PEX tubing is 100PSI at 180°F, and 160PSI at 74°F. So I do not think that a 65PSI water pump will give you any problem, especially since your hot water temperature should never get close to the 180°F mark. However, if you are still concerned, just look at your tubing. The type and PSI rating should be marked on it.

Gerald