Author Topic: AirForce One Installed in 2016 F150  (Read 2746 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
AirForce One Installed in 2016 F150
« on: April 25, 2018, 04:12:21 AM »
Does anyone have an AirForce One Installed in a 2014 through 2018 F150. If you do, have you had any problem with any systems on the F150. Ford seems to think that the "After Market System is causing the issue I am having. We have had the AF1 installed since November 2016 without any issues.
    Two days ago the truck started to loose power then you regain power, loose power and regain power. From a dead start it would hesitate to accelerate, then all of a sudden, the power would kick back in. By finessing the gas pedal, you can get power to attain highway speed, but you go through power loss many times getting up to speed. Along with this issue, immediately after starting the engine we get messages of, "Hill Descent Control Fault", "Collision Warning not Available", Hill Start Assist not Available", and the Cruise Control will not operate.
    I am gonna have an interesting time trying to convince Ford that the AF1 is not affecting the vehicle and they of course will not honor the warranty. Their claim is the brake pedal with the AF1 actuator is causing this, even though I have the brake pedal in the forward travel to take All tension off the cable thus isolating the actuator from having any influence.
     Any comments will be appreciated.

Larry D
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Jim Houghton

• BAC Member
Re: AirForce One Installed in 2016 F150
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 10:18:24 AM »
I installed my system on a different vehicle. However your problem sounds like a vacuum leak. I would check all the connections to the AF-1 and the truck to see if something came loose or touched something rubbing through or melted.

Jim
2021 Entegra Cornerstone
2003 Beaver Contessa Tuscany (sold)
Pleasant View, TN :)

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 12:52:01 PM »
Temporarily disconnect the system ( electrical and mechanical) . Don't take it out or off the truck just eliminate their claim that it's your system. And I agree with Jim sounds lik a vacuum leak.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Doug Allman

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 12:28:34 AM »
Larry, I have had the air force one, same unit of air force one, on a 2012 & 2015 F-150 for the almost the past 6 years and have never had a problem with anything on the air force one or both trucks. Both trucks have actual driven mileage of 98,000 miles, no towed miles included here or it would be 168,000 miles. (we go west a lot from Michigan)
I purchased the air force one when we bought the 2004 Marquis in August 2012 and have had it installed ever since and since March 2017 used it with the new Entegra Cornerstone we purchased.
I agree, it is not the air force one, but more than likely a vacuum problem. Do as Jim suggests, just unhook the vacuum line and put it back together on the truck only and see what results you get. The air force one does nothing to the trucks mechanisms other than getting its power and vacuum from the truck to operate the cylinder attached to the brake pedal arm. Vacuum could be the real culprit in acceleration.

Jim Houghton

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 12:34:31 PM »
Did you ever figure out what the problem was?
2021 Entegra Cornerstone
2003 Beaver Contessa Tuscany (sold)
Pleasant View, TN :)