Author Topic: Xantrex Prosine 3.0 Inverter  (Read 3704 times)

Pat Long

Xantrex Prosine 3.0 Inverter
« on: May 22, 2018, 04:21:25 PM »
While out with my coach I had the main positive battery cable corrode off the terminal.   I had some build up and cleaned it up and must have disturbed it enough and break the last bit of copper connecting it to the terminal.  Woke up the next morning making coffee and my control panel for the inverter started with the waring buzzer, then shut down the electrical outlets for 10 seconds and then they were activated again.   The inverter panel would only show the blinking red light on the reset side, warning light.   Went to inspect the batteries thats when I found the broken terminal, system was disconnected all night.   Reconnected with jumper cables so as to reset the system, no luck.  Still had the warning light and buzzer.   went under to the inverter to the bypass switch and switched to bypass for a second and back to on, now nothing will turn on from the control panel.  Electrical issues are my downfall. 

It is the original system and it seams that the bypass switch has been used before by the wear around the recessed switch.  It may even be that it is not fully making contact in the on position.

Mike Shumack

Re: Xantrex Prosine 3.0 Inverter
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 08:44:12 PM »
Are you getting an Error code?
There is a manual available here, if you don't have one http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Inverter-Chargers/PROsine-3/ProSine_25-30-Owner-Guide(445-0096-01-01_Rev-A).pdf

Pat Long

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:52:17 PM »
I do have the manual and the installation manual and it does state that for error codes that do not correct themselves to switch to bypass and then back on.   That is why I did what I did and am now in this situation.  I was also wondering if I even need to have the inverter on when I am on shore and or generator power?   Anyone know that question?   I do have a trickle eco charger in the battery bay.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 12:01:57 AM »
Pat, you should not need the inverter on while connected to generator or shore power.  The inverter has pass through circuits.  Have you tried the reset procedure for the inverter?  See this post:
http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,7890.msg54793/topicseen.html#msg54793
Good luck.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Pat Long

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 12:32:00 AM »
Jerry,     I can not even get it to power back up.   My manual also states to power it off for 15 minutes not the 5 minutes as other post.  Will try that also and let the forum know the outcome
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:34:47 AM by Pat Long »

Pat Long

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 09:03:44 PM »
Well for those who are still wondering here is what was found.   I did notice before i switched the bypass switch it was in question.  The switch plastic was broken and is recessed and when I used my test light to throw to bypass it grounded out to the inverter chassis and blew the main fuse deep inside the unit.  Had it serviced and repaired and now is going back in the coach.  If you see on your Xantrex inverter bypass switch is broken have it fixed to avoid a problem as mine.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Jerry Emert