Author Topic: ProSine Control Panel  (Read 3543 times)

Adam Hicklin

ProSine Control Panel
« on: May 22, 2018, 11:47:46 PM »
My prosine control is dead.  Inverter/charger seems to be charging batteries.  Inverter is humming away (fans are on) but the control panel above the door is dead. All buttons are dead.  Can’t turn on the inverter or any other functions.  Looked for a reset switch, which I had heard other people speak of, but couldn’t find it.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: ProSine Control Panel
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 11:56:42 PM »
Adam, could it be just the control panel thats bad?  If not I would try taking all the power off the inverter.  Unplug from shore then remove the battery cables completely.  Wait 5 minutes and hook it back up and try it again.  I have a friend that works on inverters and that is the first thing he always tells me to try.  I've used that on a couple people in CGs that thought their inverter was bad and it got them all back on the road again.  Good luck.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 02:21:44 AM »
Thanks Jerry.  Tried that.  Now the inverter isn’t humming along.  Batteries are at 12.9V. Do the fans on the inverter stay on all the time?  Seems to me that they do.  But maybe only when it’s in charging or inverting mode?  I’ve never paid that much attention.  Checked the connections on the display.  Everything seems tight and normal.  Manual wasn’t much help. 

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 02:34:37 AM »
Thanks Jerry.  Tried that.  Now the inverter isn’t humming along.  Batteries are at 12.9V. Do the fans on the inverter stay on all the time?  Seems to me that they do.  But maybe only when it’s in charging or inverting mode?  I’ve never paid that much attention.  Checked the connections on the display.  Everything seems tight and normal.  Manual wasn’t much help.
I know a guy!  In Sanford FL area if it helps.  There are a few more checks I would make but it sounds like you might need a new one.  I would check the following just to be sure:  With genny or shore power check power coming in to inverter.  On shore or genny check voltage at battery for 14.2(ish) to see if charger is working.  Without being there and seeing it thats all I got.  Good luck.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 02:47:13 AM »
Appreciate it Jerry.  I’m in CA, so FL is a bit of a drive.

Update: the inverter fans came on.  Voltage at the house batteries is 14.4 so that would indicate charging mode is working.  Panel is still dead.  Coach batteries are at 12.7 and it won’t turn the engine over.  I think I’ll leave it alone for the night, hopefully it stays charging and the echo charger kicks on to top off the coach batteries.  It may just be the control panel crapped out, which I could live with until I get back home as we are plugged in and not needing the inverter function. 

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 02:49:39 AM »
Any opinions out there on inverter/charger replacements?

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 03:08:57 AM »
Have you tried unplugging the remote panel wire from the inverter/charger and leaving it unplugged for a few seconds, then plug it back in.  This action reset our remote panel.

We had to replace our Xantrex Trace PSW 2500w inverter/charger a few years ago.  I chose to replace it with a new Xantrex Freedom PSW 3000w inverter/charger.  While trying to figure out how to program the various functions of the inverter/charger using the remote panel, the remote panel froze up and would not respond.  The firm that installed the unit said to unplug the remote panel wire from the inverter and plug it back in.  I have had to do that a couple times... after tinkering with the programming to learn how to program it.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 03:45:07 AM »
Hi Dave.  Yes, I unplugged it at the inverter and I removed the control panel and unplugged it there.  It’s a mystery,  it someone here has an answer. The forum has yet to let me down!

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 04:20:34 AM »
Leslie and I both worked with computers during our careers.  The first rule of IT professionals is to unplug them to shake out the network demons.  Many times it works!
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Mike Shumack

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 10:52:41 AM »
If the panel is bad, a salvage yard replacement may be a good choice for you.
Such as from https://rvcomponents.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/f/powerinverters-converters.pl?