Author Topic: Jabsco air accumulator tank  (Read 2541 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Jabsco air accumulator tank
« on: May 29, 2018, 03:02:56 AM »
My manuals say check the air pressure every 30 days.  I used a tire guage today and got water pressure from the Schrader valve.  Has anyone replaced this tank and if so did you consider the other brand (Water Works) I think?  The cheapest Rabsco I have found is on Amazon and is about 3x the off brand price. 
Guess I should have been checking this all along!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:05:42 PM by Carol Moffett »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mike Shumack

Re: Rabsco air accumulator tank
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 11:22:18 AM »
Is this the tank you have (Jabasco)? http://newcontent.westmarine.com/documents/pdfs/OwnersManuals/PLUMBING/Jabsco_Accumulator_Tank_30573_0003.pdf
These tanks have a rubber diaphragm/bladder in them to separate the water and air charge. If water is showing up at the schrader valve it means the bladder is leaking and the unit is no good.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Jabsco air accumulator tank
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 08:17:52 AM »
Mike
This tank is similar but a different model.  Just the same though I believe you are right about the water issue.  The Jabsco is available on Amazon  for anout $160.
The question is winterization.  If the pink antifreeze is used, how then is this tank drained of antifreeze?  Yet another reason why I dislike that stuff.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Gerald Farris

Re: Jabsco air accumulator tank
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 05:45:29 AM »
Keith,
There is no problem in draining RV antifreeze (pink stuff) from an accumulator tank. All you have to do is let the system pressure drop to 0 PSI and the accumulator diaphragm will purge all antifreeze from the tank. Then, with all facets open, flush the system with fresh water supply turned on at about 1/4 flow rate so that the system pressure does not get above the charge pressure on the tank so that nothing reenters the tank.

Gerald