Author Topic: shocks for 2005 marquis  (Read 2728 times)

Mark and Alice Waters

• BAC Member
shocks for 2005 marquis
« on: June 11, 2018, 02:48:52 PM »
I think I need new shocks for my 2005 Beaver Marquis? It seems to rock from front to back when there is uneven road conditions or I call it proposing. It seems that new shocks are needed or air bags adjusted . I need to know what would be the best shocks and where to buy them. Also I had a alignment done recently and my steering wheel is off about a 1/4 turn, how do I adjust it back to straight?   
Thanks
2005 Marquis

Doug Allman

Re: shocks for 2005 marquis
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 04:00:24 PM »
Mark,    What are the shocks that are on it now?
We had a 2004 Marquis built by Monaco and I believe yours would be same as it had Bilsteins. I now have 2 sets of Bilsteins hanging in my shop, one off 2004 Marquis that had 32,000 miles on it and another set off of our new 2017 Entegra Cornerstone that has 8,000 miles on them. Both coach's got KONI's.

We changed to KONI shocks on both units and all the porposing and side sway is highly reduced. Bought both sets online from a California retailer. You can also contact KONI USA in Hebron, KY 866-566-4175 and they will get you exact numbers to fit your unit. They are great to deal with.

Our 2004 had a top sleeve in the shocks that was 3/4" diameter and the California dealer sent us shocks with 5/8" holes. We drilled out after talking to KONI with no problems at all.
Talk to KONI first so you get correct part numbers for your exact coach. They know about all the Beavers and what they take.
The following users thanked this post: Mark and Alice Waters

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 08:02:10 PM »
Mark,
Henderson's Line-Up in Grants Pass Oregon is a Bilstein and Koni dealer as well as an installer if you need them installed. They are very familiar with the suspension on all Beaver coaches as well as being a BAC sponsor, so if you are in that area, I would give them a call.

To straighten your steering wheel, you need to remove the drag link from the pitman arm and loosen the clamp to rotate the end of the link to lengthen or shorten it as necessary to straighten the steering wheel. If this seems above your skill level, any decent alignment shop can do it as this is normally part of an alignment, or if you have Henderson's Line-Up install your shocks, they can do it for you. Straightening the steering wheel in this manner does not change the suspension alignment in any way.

Gerald 

Tom Barnard

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 01:52:09 AM »
We replaced our shocks with the Koni's.  The result was amazing!
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson, Mark and Alice Waters

Roy Lewis

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 04:49:18 AM »
we replaced our shocks on out 2002 Marquis (Bilsteins) and had the Konis installed at Brazzels in Centralia Wash and result is a coach that doesn’t wear me out in a days drive.  Money well spent!

Mark and Alice Waters

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 03:42:45 AM »
I found the Koni shocks for my coach but I am 6 hrs away from my coach for two weeks and I need to order them this week . Could anyone tell me how many shocks I need for the front and rear axel and for the tag axel
Thanks
2005 Marquis

Doug Allman

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 11:53:16 AM »
Mark,   I can tell you that our 2004 Marquis had 4 front shocks, 4 dual axle shocks and 2 on the tag axle. We always ordered from ShockWarehouse.com.

Call Koni North America  859-586-4100 and if you have year, make and maybe vin, plus maybe chassis type they are best at telling you what you need for part numbers of their shocks.

Hope this helps.