Author Topic: Eva-Dry  (Read 2856 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Eva-Dry
« on: July 05, 2018, 01:34:33 AM »
Just a note re. a product I've tried out and like.

At Costco last fall they had a two-pack of Eva-Dry dessicators on sale, so I thought they might be handier than the bucket dessicant styles I've been using for years to minimize the humidity over certain seasons while the coach is stored.  The result is I like them. 

I want to minimize the woodwork's exposure to moisture that might cause the milkiness issue with the finish, and mitigate other problems that humidity can cause in a closed environment, esp. in winter with things closed up. 

The old way I still may use, but these help add to the effort and they don't require buying replenishment dessicant granules and the often messy cleaning and refills of the old method.  The Eva-Dry is reactivated simply by an overnight in a 110v outlet.  It lasts about a month before needing a "charge", but that depends on local humidity conditions.  When the pellets in the window darken to green, it's time to plug it in.  In the outlet, when the pellets turn orange they are dry again and the device is ready to use.

I tried several spots in the coach, including hanging them from the handles on open overhead cabinets.  But I ultimately didn't like the chance of marring the woodwork nor the non-central location.  I discovered the units' hangers fit nicely up into the AC cover vent and with a 90 degree turn hang centered in the coach, one in the front and one in the bedroom.  Plus they hang facing the front so its easy to see what color the pellets are, yet dont hang so low that passersby hit them.

In the photo, a close look reveals the one in the bedroom as well.  Not sure Costco still has them, but try online if not.  They sure simplified things for me, and save money in the long run by minimizing dessicant purchases;  I may toss the old buckets when my current dessicant refills run out, and get a couple more Eva-Drys.  They'd probably work great hung in bays also.

https://www.amazon.com/Eva-Dry-333-Renewable-Dehumidifier-2-PACK/dp/B00LVN7BM0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1530759999&sr=8-4&keywords=eva-dry+new+and+improved+e-333+renewable+mini+dehumidifier

Joel
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 04:18:41 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Carr, Jerry Emert