Author Topic: SCS entry step won't retract  (Read 5523 times)

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: SCS entry step won't retract
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 06:25:14 PM »
I have sprayed all of the points I see that move, with T-9? No difference, or does it have to get broken loose as you suggest, Roy?
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 03:59:48 AM »
I had to break mine loose.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2018, 07:00:33 PM »
Update:

I took the motor off. Bench tested it, and it worked perfectly. When I put everything back together, I noticed the self tapping sheet metal screw that held the two ground wires to the step was really rusty. I have lots of them in different sizes, so I just put a brand new one in.

Needless to say, that was the problem. Everything is back to as it should be, including the "step in" function when the ignition key is turned, over-riding the off switch.

P.S. Putting the motor back on was a challenge. There are spacers on both sides of the bolt holes, to allow room for the saw-toothed mechanism to move. Tough to hold the motor in position, and slide those little spacers in place and keep them there. Solved that issue by crazy gluing them in place, and then slid the motor in. Voila! Just like in the movies!  ;)

I also solved the issue of not being able to get under there to work on it by driving the coach forward off the pad until the front tires were where the slope of the driveway begins. That kept the front end high enough to allow access without a problem.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley