Author Topic: AquaHot  (Read 2834 times)

KC Snellgrove

AquaHot
« on: July 28, 2018, 08:48:26 PM »
Good day fellow Beavers: Well, I am finally de-winterizing my Olivia Jean because I WAS SO LUCKY on short notice to get reservations, a gift, at the beach leaving tomorrow - Sunday. Oh and by the way I had my rig winterized by a professional. So I hooked up the water to flush out the winterizing fluids and closed all the drains and turned on the water. Ugh, a drain I did not recognized up in front under the Aqua Hot was flowing pretty awfully. Yep, not a drain because the water was coming out like a waterfall and not a steady stream... Yes, I did utter the OH S--t words. So I got a mirror and a light and had the water turned on. I could clearly see a small (like a refrigerator drain hose) male end spewing out water. SHUT OFF THE WATER! For darn sake I cannot get to that.  So now I am stuck and %^&*() FRUSTRATED. Do any of you have any ideas of what this could be? Is there an easy way I could fix it. I certainly do not want to take out the Aqua Hot.   ??? :'(

THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE.

Mike Shumack

Re: AquaHot
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 09:02:54 PM »
There is a "boiler drain valve" shown on the AquaHot drawing. Could your valve be open?

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 09:44:05 PM »
OH MY GOSH I HOPE SO....but this looks like it is on the inside. I can clearly see the water gushing our the back. I did not take off the cover.  Ill check and get back to you. Also when they winterized  do they drain the water fro this valve??

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME....i just want to leave tomorrow so I can soak up the OCEAN IONS!!!

KC SNELLGROVE

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 10:06:42 PM »
Mike, it is the domestic cold water intake on the back. My unit is a 450 D I had in last year. My question is this connection one that is disconnected when winterizing? There is no way to get to it short of taking the unit out, which is way beyond my experience that is close to ZERO.

Thank you again Mike for giving it the ole' college try.

Still looking for some help on this one even if it wait to Monday to have the installer / winterize fix it!

Sincerely, KC Snellgrove

Frank Bergamo

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 10:34:36 PM »
KC, if you can't get to it, then it probably is not something that was removed/drained. Sounds like the water inlet line is broke for whatever reason. It will need to be repaired before you can use unit for hot water. Here is a link for Aqua Hot Manuals. http://www.aquahot.com/Library.aspx Click on your model and you should be able to figure out the routing for your water inlet line. Then you will have a better idea on how to proceed with your repair. Hope this helps.
Frank & Paulette Bergamo
2019-       : 2007 Marquis Topaz IV  C-15 600 HP Allison 4000
2014-2019: 2002 Marquis Emerald C-12 505 HP Allison 4000
2004-2014: 1986 Executive Diplomat 3208 250 HP Allison MT-643
Grand Junction, CO.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 10:40:49 PM »
KC, the AquaHot diagram I used is for the AHE-100-04S model that my '05 coach has.
If you have the 450D then your connections may be different. I'll see if I can find a manual on-line and take a look.

Regarding winterizing, I'm in FL so I don't do that. But I would think that any drains used in the process would be easy to access.
Did you have freezing temps where you are at. Maybe the guy that did your winterizing missing something and you got a split hose at the AquaHot now. I hope not.

The only other water source near the front of coach (at least on my coach) is the freshwater tank. My tank is in the same bay as the AquaHot. On the Patriot there is an "electric drain valve" for the fresh water tank. The switch is in the Wet Bay. If this switch was left open and you try to fill the tank the water would run out pretty fast.

Good luck.

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 11:29:56 PM »
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST. This is the first time I have used the rig since it was winterized. When I turned on the water to flushed out the system it began to leak where the Aqua Hot system. I have looked at the manual, on line, and have seen the back of this system. It looks to me it was right where the domestic water inlet is. It looks unattached, which the only way is it was manually unattached. It is not broken that I can see. OH WELL...I'll just have to wait until Monday to get it in to the shop since I have an appointment to find out why the newer fridge won't go on....then I remembered the magnet trick and WA...LA it is working. One down and one to go.

\Again you all are SUPER SAVERS.

SINCERELY, KC

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 01:21:40 AM »
Mike, yes I know and thank you. The leak is behind the Auga Hot. Thank yu.

KC Snellgrove

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 03:14:05 AM »
Hey KC
I see that your home port is Portland.  If you are there I can direct you to a good Aqua Hot place up the I-5. 
Sounds like it is a simple fix.  Perhaps a connection was left undone after winterizing last year. 
When you flushed the system out did you make sure all the circuts in the water manifold for low point drains were turned off?  If you can see a small pipe where the water is running out that might be it!
I hate using that pink antifreeze.  I have gotten by with a couple heaters but in Portland you get colder than we do in Port Angeles.
Just in case you want to know.  Look up www.brazelsrv.Com .  They are in Centralia, wa.  Ben is their Aqua Hot trained guy.  They even have a great little park for you to stay in. 
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!