Author Topic: Kitchen Slide-out waterline protector  (Read 3144 times)

Tom Fisher

Kitchen Slide-out waterline protector
« on: August 23, 2018, 04:31:03 AM »
If you have a 2005 Beaver Monterey with a kitchen slide out, I would love to see a couple pics of the water line gathering unit. I am having trouble with mine and the drain line from the kitchen snapped in-two. It appears to me that the drain line is the only thing that is pushing on the water lines, drain line and electric lines when the slide is being moved out or in. I have a hard timing understanding that, and no wonder the drain line snapped in-two. It seems like there should be some metal bracket, or arm pushing on the group of water lines, drain line and electric lines.
Wondering if anybody else out there has had this problem and may have some suggestions and pictures?
Thank you
Tom

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
Re: Kitchen Slide-out waterline protector
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 07:23:31 AM »
Tom, I am one of several that have experienced this identical problem. My Monterey has the stove with oven option which had to be completely removed to access the sink drain for repair. The cause of my problem was the little dollies that suspend the water and sink drain line roll up mechanism jammed up which put too much stress on the sink drain pipe. There is a short piece of angle iron which is supposed to move this roll up apparatus but once the dollies jam it throws everything out of alignment.
I replaced the little dollies but they didn't last long before they jammed as well. When the second attempt at repairing the suspension mechanism Failed i just left it sitting on the floor and let it do it's thing without the fancy suspension. Being semi fulltime it gets a lot of use and has worked fine like this for the past four years.
If you search previous posts you'll find several addressing this problem.

Edit:   Kitchen Slide Issue, February 24, 2017
          http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,6422.msg46818.html#msg46818

Good luck
Bob
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:34:31 AM by Bob Stone »
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9

Tom Fisher

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 09:22:48 PM »
Bob,
Thank you for your comments, and the back comments you referred me to. I am going to work on letting the system slide by itself on the floor and forget about the roller mechanism. I had quite a chore removing the top board that held the guide rails and wheels.

I do have one more question. I can't figure out how the angle iron piece, that is mounted to the top of the black plastic hose re tractor, is supposed to take pressure off the drain line when sliding in or out. I'm still nervous about snapping the drain line in two again.
Thanks
Tom

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 10:02:44 PM »
I guess by then on my ‘06 the engineers allowed that the dolly system was ill-conceived, as I don’t have that contraption... or it wasn’t needed on our particular model configuration.  The water hoses were never an issue but the drain was.  I replaced it in 2012 while on a trip.  It was a learning experience.

Suffice it to say the longer the drain hose the better, so it has a large loop to spread flex forces along.  The factory hose was several inches shorter than it could’ve maxed out at, and maxing out is necessary to keep it from crimping over and eventually splitting.  Some here have converted to a different type of hose, but “tacky” rubber risks retaining debris inside over time, whereas slick-lined flexhose drains clean.

If you still want a photo I can probably try to supply one, but as noted it’s likely not exactly the same setup.  It may provide insight or ideas.  But getting a good angled photo shot with useful lighting I’m not sure about.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Tom Fisher

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 11:42:12 PM »
Thanks Joel, but I don't think the photos will be necessary now. After reading all the posts, I am going to figure it out without using the retractor wheel system.
Thanks
Tom

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 02:46:05 AM »
Consider an inexpensive sheet of HDPE plastic cut to fit the floor under the loom.  The pipeing would slide across it with no resistance or wear.  But I'm not sure precisely how your carriage is made, so it may not be needed depending on how you end up rebuilding things.

Joel
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:51:17 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat