Author Topic: Lost electric at most bedroom outlets, overhead outlets, bathroom sink lights  (Read 2977 times)

Jill Goldman

Hi Folks -

I have a 2003 Patriot Ticonderoga. I have lost power to all of my overhead outlets (i.e., television), most of the outlets in my bedroom, the bathroom and the lights over the bathroom sink, and a few other places. I have looked at the fuse panel and do not see anything that would help. Can anyone suggest where I might find the fuse or breaker for this? Fortunately, the lower outlets in the main room work so I am using extensions cords in the meantime.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jill Goldman

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Look at the plug-in receptacles, probably in the bathroom, to find one that is a GFI receptacle.  It will have two small square buttons between the two plug-in points.  Each circuit in the coach should have one.  We have two in the kitchen, one in the bathroom, one in the bedroom, and probably one or more in the basement.

One of the two small buttons is for testing the GFI, the other is for resetting it.  If it's tripped, then the reset button will be pushed out.  Just push it back in to reset it.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
There should also be an outlet in one of the basement bays (normally passenger side) that has a GFI.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Pat Long

Mike Shumack

I have some wiring diagrams saved for the 2003 Patriot, although not specifically for your floor plan, but the Patriot Lexington may be close enough. I will attach a copy.
Lookin it over it does appear that there is a GFCI breaker that feeds those circuits you lost. It says it is located in the "LAVY".  Fomt the LAVY GFCI the power goes to the LAVY receptacle, powder room receptacle, then to junction Box A (located in top of Pantry Cabinet) which feeds the TV  and other circuits.

The LAVY GFCI is feed from the "INV CB Panel" which says it is located next to the Inverter. Note the the INV CB Panel feeds into the "Bay GFCI" and then from there it feeds to LAVY GFCI. However the Bay GFCI is just a junction point and even if it was tripped should not prevent power from getting to the LAVY.

John Bagwell

• BAC Member
Jill,
I had the same thing happen. GFI outlet/breaker in bathroom had tripped.  Mind is located up under the medicine cabinet, it was hard to find.  After resetting it has worked fine. 
John Bagwell
2001 Monterey 36ft.
CAT 3126B
Toad. 2020 Ford Ranger

Jill Goldman

Thanks folks. It was a GFI, but it was located in the basement. I called Beaver Sales and one of the their techs, Shaun, suggested where to look for it. Phew.

Regards,

Jill

Bill Sprague

Just for reference, Shaun is not just "one of the techs".  He runs the entire (and huge) maintenance department at BCS.