Author Topic: A Big Thank You  (Read 3690 times)

Gary Merrifield

A Big Thank You
« on: September 12, 2018, 05:12:36 AM »
While cruising one of our local RV Parks in Cortez Colorado, I noticed a Beaver Patriot parked in one of the spaces and the owner was outside so I stopped to ask to ask some questions that I had about my recently purchased Patriot Thunder. Well this led me to meet Mr. Mike Rump. He graciously answered all of my questions and told me where to look for my safe. I said I was headed home and if I found it  I would let him know. I went home and after about 10 minutes I found it. Later that afternoon I had to go back to town so I stopped  by the RV Park to tell him that
I had finally found my safe and tell him thank you. I also wanted to look at something else on his coach. This time his wife Janis came to the door and I explained what I would like too look at and she said go ahead and that they had a spare bracket set that I was looking at and she gave it to me. I tried to pay her for it but she would not let me and she explained that is what the BAC owners did for each other and they were glad to help.
Everyone on hear has been so helpful and it is almost unbelievable.
SO I JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS TO EVERYONE AND I HOPE THAT I CAN RETURN THE GOODWILL AND HELP OTHERS ONEDAY.
The following users thanked this post: Jim Nichols, Karl Welhart, Stan Simpson, Steve Huber Co-Admin, Michael Rump

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: A Big Thank You
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 11:05:10 AM »
Welcome to the club, forum and family!
We started  with a 98 Patriot and I had so many questions that I was sure were the dumbest ever asked.  The folks here were all reassuring in that regard.

If you think this forum is great, wait till you attend a Beaver rally! 
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 01:26:04 AM »
We came through Cortez about 4 days ago and had breakfast at Jack & Jeanene's Country cafe.  I found out that they used to live in Calexico before settling in Cortez.  A nice homey little  restaurant.
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 01:34:52 PM »
Great story! Just curious though.... where did you find the safe? I still have not found mine. Not even sure I have one.
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 02:53:47 PM »
While cruising one of our local RV Parks in Cortez Colorado, I noticed a Beaver Patriot parked in one of the spaces and the owner was outside so I stopped to ask to ask some questions that I had about my recently purchased Patriot Thunder.

Well this led me to meet Mr. Mike Rump. He graciously answered all of my questions and told me where to look for my safe.

It's great to meet other Beaver Owners and help each other out. These are complicated machines.

I would have been a little suspicious if someone came to my coach door and wanted to know where the safe is located ...
But that's Beaver hospitality for you.  ;D

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 03:46:25 PM »
Fred,
Since this area of the BAC Forum is open to the public, and we try to keep the safe location a loosely held secret for security reasons, the forum administer team ask members to not post safe location in this section. However, if you want to ask about or post safe location, the members only area of this forum is the appropriate location to do so.

Gerald