Author Topic: Location of low pressure port (for adding R134a) to dash air  (Read 6092 times)

JohnRobinson

Location of low pressure port (for adding R134a) to dash air
« on: October 01, 2018, 08:59:07 PM »
I am seeking input on where to look for the low pressure port on a 2005 Beaver Monterey. Thanks!

Bob Bulot

Re: Location of low pressure port (for adding R134a) to dash air
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 11:06:46 PM »
Doesn’t seem to be a consensus.  Some  models have the charge port adjacent to the compressor on the engine, and others have the charger ports near The back of the dash a/c on the passenger side of the firewall above and to the left of the generator.  Hint:   Buy the big can if your low.  You’re filling lines that run the length of the coach in either configuration.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 11:54:09 PM »
Our A/C filling port is straight up above the center of the generator.  I slide the generator out about a foot and reach upwards about the length of my forearm.  I found it by using a mirror and flashlight.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 03:06:11 AM »
One of two locations either next to the compressor or above the generator on the firewall.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 03:01:23 PM »
I have the same coach as you, and mine are about 10 inches apart on the top of the compressor in the engine compartment. The first time I looked for the them, the high was easy to find, but the low, with a black cap, was buried under some hoses.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

JohnRobinson

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 10:09:42 PM »
Thank you to those who replied. Your comments emboldened my search and I did find the port near the compressor. The location was so tight that I could not use the consumer product to re-charge - the fitting was too bulky. I have an appointment at a local place tomorrow. From the sounds of it, they will do it right by evacuating the system, weighing, then reloading.

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 04:35:40 AM »
I had to loosen the air cleaner hose clamps and twist the tubing up as far as possible then retighten the clamps. I know not every configuration is like mine but that's what I had to do to get the gauges on.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9