Author Topic: roof a/c drain hose locations?  (Read 4206 times)

Dwight Lakusta

roof a/c drain hose locations?
« on: February 21, 2019, 03:33:44 AM »
I was looking the the a/c drain hoses for my air conditioners and can not seem to find them.... I have two air conditioners... where do the drain tubes come down? Thanks in advance!

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: roof a/c drain hose locations?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 02:01:45 PM »
It's been a few months since I have run our air conditioners; our coach has three roof air conditioners.  I do not recall which side the drain lines are found on, but I do remember the drain lines drop their water flow on the ground just an inch or two to the inside of the coach's drip line (exterior skin).  That would imply the drain lines run from the air conditioners across the ceiling and down the 3 inch (or so) width between the exterior and interior wall surfaces of the coach, and not on a slide.

After a time with the air conditioners running, we will see three large wet spots on the ground located about 90 degrees sideways from the three air conditioners.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 02:58:07 PM »
Dwight, On my 06 PT which has three A/C's the drain in the rear comes out just behind the radiator in the left rear, my drain hoses are 1/2" with a brain in them. The middle a/c comes out just in front of the utility bay and the front comes out by the steering box on the drivers side. The drains will be the hoses that are not connected to anything that you can find, I found all my drains when running the A/C's when the humidity was pretty high and you will find the wet spots under the coach.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 03:17:31 PM »
Our '05 Patriot 40' has two A/Cs. Rear A/C drains right on top of the exhaust pipe tip at right rear of coach. Front A/C drains to road side at the pass thru compartment just behind the road side slideout and in front of the service bay. Ours too is 1/2" ID rubber tubing, pretty big tubing as its a gravity drain. If its not too cold right now where you live (50+?) run your A/Cs  in heat pump mode and you'll get a lot of moisture out the drains. BTW, the rig must be dead level for the roof drains to work right; where we have our Beaver stored, its not level and the front A/C drains over the roof down the curb side behind the slideout.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Dwight Lakusta

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 06:11:24 PM »
Great! I am going to blow them out here in the next few days, and i will try to find them before hand to catch the mess that will come out of them!!!! I just need to get in the shop and start searching! I only have two air conditioners, so I'm sure they will be at the rear and at the front somewhere! Thanks

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 06:38:11 PM »
Where the drains actually located in the AC unit?  I looked a few years ago and couldn't find them but didn't try too hard.  I just removed the covers and cleaned out leaves and dirt.  Thanks
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Dwight Lakusta

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 07:39:17 PM »
Well i have not taken my covers off as of yet, but i did it from the inside on my windsor, (same a/c  units).  Took the grate down on the inside, and the drain should be somewhere visible,  and pulled the 1/2 line apart and blew them out from there, and blew back up to the air conditioner as well.  I actually cut the lines and put couplers back in for ease of cleaning.  After blowing them out i had a mess on the roof and a mess on the shop floor!  But wow they sure build up a lot of crap!!! 

FYI My 08 Newmar did not have drain lines....Drained down the roof down the drivers window and always left streaks...Just another reason its gone on my long list of things!!!
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 10:32:36 PM »
The drain thing works by using two little drain pans that are set into the A/C frame toward the front of the unit. No access from inside coach, you have to remove the A/C cover from the outside. Here is a peek at the drain

https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Dometic-Air-Conditioner-Drain-Kit-p/vts-079.htm
525 hp C13

The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 10:08:15 PM »
Dwight, On my 06 PT which has three A/C's the drain in the rear comes out just behind the radiator in the left rear, my drain hoses are 1/2" with a brain in them.

Lee, what do you mean a brain in the drain line.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 10:14:11 PM »
Keith, Maybe Lee meant to say ...'screen in them'?? Might Keep the bugs out.
525 hp C13

George Frudakis

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 10:38:11 PM »
My 02 Marquis has two AC and they both drain on the roof. the front one drain by the driver side window and the rear one drain, given if I am level to the right rear side. Am I missing something or are they not connected to existing drains that would allow them to drain under the coach?

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 11:23:57 PM »
George, If my Patriot has the A/C drains, I'm sure a Marquis would also have the drains installed. See my posts above for location, and click the link to see what the drain pans look like. They are installed under the A/C shroud, so you can't see them unless you remove the shroud (A/C cover).
525 hp C13

Mike Shumack

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 11:48:10 PM »

Lee, what do you mean a brain in the drain line.

"braided" line?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 01:57:19 AM »
George, it’s not uncommon to read here about plugged lines that owners devise ways to clear.  Our 06 Monterey has them, so like Bill I suspect your Marquis does too.  I once noticed a tube descending through my fridge access area, and finally figured it must be one of the AC drain lines.

Now if I could just do something about my plugged brain lines. 🤪

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat