Author Topic: Air Leaks  (Read 2121 times)

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Air Leaks
« on: March 01, 2019, 07:03:22 PM »
This Thursday, I dropped by to check on the MH in storage and the dual air gauge had both needles sitting at 30 psi. Last Friday we moved the MH to its new spot at the storage yard, drove a few miles to fill up the diesel tank. So the drop to 30 psi in almost a weeks' time seems pretty reasonable to me, but what's your experience? How quickly does the air pressure drop on your MH? Should I be looking for leaks?

I envy you who have a pad at home where you can crawl all around to inspect. I can't get under ours in storage and I can't park it at home.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Mike Shumack

Re: Air Leaks
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 08:43:26 PM »
My coach will hold 80 or 90 psi in the primary/rear air system for about a week, but the secondary tank (red needle) drops to 0 overnight. I suspect the front HWH manifold is the culprit.

My primary side used to drop almost as quickly, then found a few hoses leaking at the push-to-connect fittings (replaced those with compression fittings) and repaired some leakage at the HWH "6-pack" manifold. Fixing that ended the majority of leakage in the rear.

If I can get both front and rear tanks to hold 90-ish psi for a week, I would be very satisfied.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 09:36:23 PM »
Bill,
If your air system still has 30 PSI in both tanks after it has been in storage for a week, consider yourself lucky. Any leaks that you have are probably so minor that you will not be able to find them even if you were to spend hours under the coach looking. Most coaches are at 0 PSI in both tanks after a week.

Gerald

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 11:30:10 PM »
So I'm between what Mke and Gerald sez...It's better to be lucky than good?

One more thing I'll worry less about. Sure would like to have the coach up in the air so I could look around for a couple of hours!

Thanks guys!

Bill
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."