Author Topic: dash A/C compressor  (Read 9574 times)

Tom and Pam Brown

dash A/C compressor
« on: April 03, 2011, 02:36:09 PM »
Can someone please share the part number or model number on a 1999 marguis, cat C12 A/C compressor.

I think in is a Sanden compresor.

Mine failed and it got hot enough to peel the tag.

Thanks.

JimCasazze

Re: dash A/C compressor
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:03:43 PM »
Tom,
I've been working on mine all day.  When I got home, I saw your post, so I rode the bike back over to the storage place and looked at the # for you.  I was curious anyway and wanted to add it to my parts list.

I believe mine has been recently replaced based on it's appearance (but before I took ownership in Jan).  What we have is an ICE (International Components Engineering) 2521493  HD truck compressor.  Hope that helps.
Jim

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 01:49:15 AM »
Thanks, that looks like the animal.

Many thanks and appreciate the bike ride!

JimCasazze

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 01:59:24 AM »
Tom, you might want to considering flushing that system before replacing the compressor.  I'm planning to do that on mine as I have some constriction in my system at the moment.  One thing.  I can't find the filter/drier of this system.  I'm in a 99 Patriot Thunder.  The condensor (and fan) is up front with the evap, trianary and charging port.  
Please let me know if you find yours....
Jim

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 11:44:32 AM »
Jim,

Mine is mounted behind the front access cover.  Remove the cover, and it is mounted with two bolts through the front of the frame header.  Approx. 10 inches down from the bottom of the front cover, a little to the right.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:38:59 AM by 14 »

JimCasazze

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »
Tom,
I found it.  Guess what?  It was actually installed backwards (flow arrow pointing to the condensor).  When I removed it, the liquid line to the TXV was almost completely clogged with little disicant balls.  200lbs of nitrogen and that line is now clear.  I put in a new drier and new txv.  While apart, I blew out all lines, the evaporator and condensor and changed all the orings.  Nice cold dash air again!!! Nice to have here in SW Florida.
Jim

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 12:40:53 AM »
Well here we go again, need the part number for the dryer if anyone can see theirs.

Thanks in advance.  Got the compressor installed and opened the box for the dryer and guess what wrong part even though i gave them the old one to match.

JimCasazze

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 04:15:42 PM »
I haven't been to the coach since your posted request, so I decided to look up on the Parker site, what it was that I installed.  This Parker VDS (see link) is what I used and is identical to what I had in there prior.  Not sure if original equipment from ACME/Beaver, but it is an excellent choice for this applications.

http://pdf.directindustry.com/pdf/parker-refrigeration-air-conditioning/filter-driers/17706-80753-_19.html

Jim

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 01:05:12 PM »
Finally!!!! got the a/c working and was a pain.  Found a hose leaking at the compressor and had it repaired by a mobile hydaulic service, vacumed, recharged and now we have cold air!

Thanks for all the help.  I have part numbers now for the compressor and dryer if anyone needs the info.