Author Topic: Broken electrical connector on Copilot chair - who makes this connector?  (Read 2604 times)

Mike Shumack

There is a broken 4-wire connector on my copilot chair. The repair would be easy if I can find the manufactor of the connector. It is located up behind the back rest part so i cant really get to it to cut/crimp new connector in place. If I can get the connector housing, I think it would be easier to remove the spade connectors from the old connecter and insert into a new connector housing.

Does anyone know who made the Copilot chair (Flexsteel perhaps)? Or recognize this connector?

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Mike, the common brand name for connectors is Molex, Amphenol is another, try a search. Any 4 wire blade connector, of course, could work once you get the terminals out of the connector.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 01:35:34 AM by Gerald Farris »
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Mike Shumack

I sent hours looking through catalogs on-line and could not find that connector style. It uses a flat spade style terminal, and all the ones in the catalogs are using "pins and barrel terminals" now.
So I gave up on that and used a 4-wire connector I had in my spare electrical parts drawer. I wasn't sure I could get my hands into the space, but manged to get the job done with minimal blood loss.  ;)

Thanks the links.

Mike Tomas

• BAC Member
Mike-

The white one looks like it is manufactured by LSGoodCare: a similar link of connectors on Amazon Might get you started: 

https://www.amazon.com/Lsgoodcare-Electrical-Automotive-Connector-Motorcycle/dp/B06Y2BG751

The black ones are called Weather-Pack connectors. they go from 1 to 6 pins.  Here's the link to the manufacturer:   

https://www.whiteproducts.com/connectors.shtml

-Just my .02¢ of input. -Not to be confused with the $2.00 input from others.

[]\/[]Tomas
Phoenix, Arizona • Region 4
2000 Patriot Thunder 425
Princeton • Ketchum Creek
Magnum C-Series “Big Cat” Chassis
CAT 425 • Joined 201804

Mike Shumack

I think you're right about the connector being the one sold by "LSGoodCare". I never heard of that brand/company (if you click on the name - they appear to be a distributor of everything).

I ended up using a different connector - but thanks for taking the time to find it.
I was just too impatient to wait for your post.

Mike Tomas

• BAC Member
Mike. I'm sorry I was late to the party on this one, I was having login issues with the forums last night. In the past, I've worked with specialized connectors many times. I can generally find the correct replacement fairly quickly. these searches probably took me 2 to 3 minutes to find. I don't like to buy pig-tail connectors for replacement and prefer to wire the pins directly. I absolutely hate butt crimp connectors. They should be banned. I always try to do as clean of an installation as I can.

so, Sorry for being Tardy, but glad to have been able to help.
-Just my .02¢ of input. -Not to be confused with the $2.00 input from others.

[]\/[]Tomas
Phoenix, Arizona • Region 4
2000 Patriot Thunder 425
Princeton • Ketchum Creek
Magnum C-Series “Big Cat” Chassis
CAT 425 • Joined 201804