Author Topic: Lost Component  (Read 2566 times)

Bob Bulot

Lost Component
« on: July 18, 2019, 04:55:00 PM »
Forgive me, but I have asked about this before, a year or two ago.  Hoping maybe someone new might see it: 

The 8” Kenwood Monitor used for the Nav in my coach is attached to a Kenwood LZ-800W module.  The schematic says it’s on the “rear side” of the dash.  I cannot find it anywhere behind the dash or anywhere  else. 

Realizing that Beaver took great care to make sure no two coaches were ever the same, does anyone know for sure where this module is?

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
Re: Lost Component
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 05:30:40 PM »
Bob,

In the Marquis there is a wooden panel just to the right of the entry steps.  It has a handle and a few switches (coach power, porch light, step, etc).  Behind that panel was a kenwood module for the navigation system.  Not sure if that's what you're trying to locate but you might try there.  Best of luck
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Bob Bulot

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 06:18:38 PM »
Do you mean here Rick?

Scott Shearer

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 06:20:32 PM »
On our 06 Thunder, the Nav unit and CD stacker are in the side overhead cabinet above the driver. The remote unit is on a shelf behind a removable trim piece that runs the full width above the front overhead cabinets. The remote unit is on the driver’s side. The trim piece is held on by cabinet latches and Velcro, you have to pull pretty hard to get it loose.

Scott
Scott & Susie Shearer
2006 Patriot Thunder
Lexington IV 40'
Cat C13
2015 JKU Hard Rock

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 06:23:55 PM »
That is the location on Marquis.  With that said, in the Marquis that wooden panel has four screws that once removed the entire panel comes off.  Yours doesn't look likes its removable to me.
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Bob Bulot

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 10:11:01 PM »
Scott, my coach is the same.  The only component behind the removable panel is a video distribution box for the Aladdin system with a video in and several video outs.  When I found it last year, I really hoped I’d solved the mystery.