Author Topic: 2000 Patriot tail light lens  (Read 6100 times)

Bob Reynolds

2000 Patriot tail light lens
« on: April 27, 2011, 07:48:10 AM »
I need a left tail light lens for a 2000 Patriot. Does anyone know where I might find one? I was told they use lens from different models of cars or trucks. Is that the case for the 2000 Patriot.
I also need a manual for this model, if someone has one, it would be great to have.
Thanks, Bob Reynolds

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
Re: 2000 Patriot tail light lens
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 02:10:44 PM »
Look for the tail light lens assembly under 2000 to 2003 Ford Excursion. Hope this helps narrow your search.

Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Jim Gill

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 04:18:48 PM »
Jim
Any chance that you might know the automotive source for the headlight and tailight assemblies for a 2006 Monterey? They are likely the same units as in your 2005 Monterey. My headlight assemblies have never provided very good illumination nor refraction for night driving and now one of them has begun to accumulate moisture on the inside surface so it's probably time to install something better.

I understand that part of the problem with the performance of these lights for night driving could be that they are receiving less than adequate voltage...I'll check this out when I replace them.

Thanks for your help.
Jim

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 06:46:13 AM »
 Yes the h/lamps are the same. The h/lamps are trimed with a grinder or sander to fit the molded fiberglass front end assy on the Monterey. To rid the lamp of moisture either unbolt from the back (7/16" nuts) and set in the direct sunlight or just wait for warmer weather then unbolt assy. The front outer lens is glued to the rest of the assy. Once out seal the edges with silicone were they used the the grinder. I have also thought of finding something better but first wanted to work with what I had. Wire size from the bulb to the relay and from the relay to the power source is soooo important. I think without a relay between the lamps and the switch we lose voltage by also going thru the steerings smart wheel switch.
 Now t/lamps, I guess I could eliminate the yellow seperate turn bulb by using the assy from the Excursion because it's all red (except for white backup) and uses one bulb (stop/turn and tail). The only Lens assy I come up with that matches what I have is from a 1994 Ford E-150 Econoline Club Wagon XLT. Part#11-5007-91 for Rt and #11-5008-91 for Lt. My problem was the bulb holder is rubber and would allow dust into the lens. I put Plumbers Grease on the bulb holder to seal them as the grease doesn't degrade the rubber. I also put 4" round leds into my t/lamp lens. Now that was WORK. Just did not want to pay $300 for manufactured leds.    
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9