Author Topic: Television Cabinet above bed, 94 Marquis  (Read 8261 times)

Wayne Tull

Television Cabinet above bed, 94 Marquis
« on: May 03, 2011, 05:34:05 PM »
Has anyone removed the Television cabinet above the bed in their RV?  I have removed all the screws from the inside, but it remains firmly in place. I'm wondering if it was also glued as well.  Any way just looking for some insight on this from someone who may may have already been down this road.  

The cabinet is coming out one way or the other, just looking for the easiest way.....lol

Gerald Farris

Re: Television Cabinet above bed, 94 Marquis
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 05:59:38 PM »
Wayne,
I would call Jim Sizemore at RV Outfitters (541-312-9758) in Bend Oregon. He is an ex-factory employee of Beaver Coaches who has owned his own business specializing in RV renovations for ten years, so I am sure that he knows the answer to your question if anyone does.

Gerald

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 05:47:06 AM »
Wayne,

Usually the mounting includes 3/4x3/4 blocking boards wth screws that run in two directions. Into the cabinet and into a surface for mounting around the interior perimeter of the mounting surface. I have removed all of the screws facing a cabinet before thinking that would release it only to find additional cabinet pocket screws hidden behind the mounting boards. Not sure that is your exact problem but imagine where pocket screws could be involved and go looking.

later Ed

Wayne Tull

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 05:13:29 AM »
For those with interest in DIY, the perimeter screws inside the cabinet that holds the TV above the bed were the only screws.  The wiring can be pushed back into the ceiling cavity (I wasn't sure of this until the cabinet was taken apart) and retrieved when the cabinet is removed.  I used a rubber mallet and a lot of pulling to get my cabinet out of the ceiling (it was a very tight fit). Since I'm not planning on putting a TV back there I will need to construct a box flush with the ceiling (adding insulation to the top of it since there was none above the TV cabinet) to restore the strength to the roof top in that area.  Our bedroom and bathroom is an open area (no wall separating them), it all ready looks better without the TV hanging from ceiling.

Steve Adams

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »
Any chance of some before and after pictures?

Thanks, Steve

Wayne Tull

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »
For those of you who might have noticed the start date of this project, I finish projects when I'm happy with the change no matter how simple it is in the end. Unfortunately the bedroom project isn't completed yet, sigh.