Author Topic: Rear Jacking Point on Magnum Chassis  (Read 1918 times)

D. Wendal Attig

Rear Jacking Point on Magnum Chassis
« on: September 29, 2019, 05:53:47 AM »
Trying to discover the correct frame jacking point on the passenger rear of my 2002 Patriot Monticello. I intend to use a 20 ton bottle jack with a reversed (upside down) tongue jack foot for added displacement.

I will block this up for safety once I have it jacked up, but suggestions on where to place the jack would be helpful. This is a Magnum Chassis with Air Bag suspension.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Mike Shumack

Re: Rear Jacking Point on Magnum Chassis
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 11:00:35 AM »
I put the jack under the axle housing when I need to lift a wheel off the ground. If I was replacing an air bag or such, that needed to have the frame supported, I would insert some wood blocking between the H-frame beam and the frame.
What work are you performing?

D. Wendal Attig

Re: Rear Jacking Point on Magnum Chassis
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 05:42:54 AM »
Mike,
Thanks for the tips.

Since my jack system is not working right, I also seem to lose air on the passenger rear, slowly over the course of a few days.

Rather than starting the coach so the airbags will equalize (since that right rear needs to be serviced) my thought was to place the jack so that would not be necessary, We are ensconced in a resort in Mesa until January, so I really don't want to pack the coach up to take it in to be serviced, and might attempt to address the air issue myself.