Author Topic: No power to alladin  (Read 2191 times)

Kimberly Bryan

No power to alladin
« on: October 26, 2019, 06:52:04 PM »
Have 2004 monterey
Getting no power to alladin
Have hit reset
Checked connectionus at module in back bay
Nothing in electrical bay about alladin
No power to either toggle switches
Can not determine why we have no power
Power button to screen display is on however screen will not come on
Any suggestion will be appreciated

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: No power to alladin
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 07:35:13 PM »
One time we had a non-working Aladdin screen when all else appeared to be dead.  Mike Shumack pointed me to a small reset button on the lower right side on the Aladdin just below the screen.  After pressing the reset button with a paper clip, the screen came on and all was fine.  That reset button is very small, like the size of the point of a pen tip.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Bob Stone

Kimberly Bryan

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 05:55:20 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion however the Sony unit doesn't appear to have the same mentioned hole for the paper clip. Still trying to explore why Aladdin won't fire up.

Scott Shearer

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 07:12:39 PM »
Have you tried to display Aladdin data on your TVs, that could rule out an issue specific to the dash display?

If the TV’s will not display data and you’re unable to find a fuse or circuit breaker for the Aladdin system you could check for power between the ‘+12 SWX’ and ‘GND’ pins on the ‘House Bus’ of the VCM. Our VCM has short pigtails connected to it which makes it easy to probe. You could also check for power at the Aladdin reset switch. In both cases you should have house battery voltage.

If you have power at the VCM then you probably have a bad VCM. If you don’t have power it could be a fuse/circuit breaker, bad connection, reset switch or surge protector.

I know there are differences in the 12VDC circuitry between our coach and yours (i.e. fuses vs circuit breakers), but I’ll share what I know about the Aladdin system in our coach. I would think that the basics for the Aladdin system should be similar.

The Aladdin Video Control Module (VCM) is the main processor for the Aladdin system. All sensors, joysticks, and bus taps receive their power from the VCM. Aside from the camera circuitry, there are two fused power sources for the VCM, one is constant 12VDC from the house batteries and one is ignition switched 12VDC from the chassis batteries.

Main power is supplied from the rear run box, it is protected by a 7.5-amp fuse labeled Aladdin. This circuit supplies constant house battery power to the Aladdin VCM, power goes to the Aladdin reset switch then to the ‘+12 SWX’ pin on the ‘House Bus’ of the VCM. This is the main power source for the VCM and allows you to power on the Aladdin system from the joysticks or the remote tank monitor in the service bay. The Aladdin VCM WILL NOT power on without this circuit hot.

There is a second fused circuit located in the front run box that supplies 12VDC ignition power to the ‘+12 IN’ pins on the ‘Engine Bus’ port of the VCM. This circuit allows the Aladdin system to power on/off with the ignition key. The Aladdin system can function with the ‘Engine Bus’ port disconnected but you would have no engine/trip information and the system will not power on/off with the ignition key, you must use a Joystick or the remote tank monitor. This circuit is incorrectly labeled ‘15A Level’ on our coach, also in the wiring diagrams.

According to the electrical diagram, all DC circuits connected to the VCM are protected from voltage spikes by a 1500-watt 24V surge suppressor (TVSS), I have not looked for the surge suppressor so don’t know where it might be located, what it looks like or even if it exists.

As I mentioned above, this is how our Aladdin system is setup, yours may be different. Hope this helps you trace down your Aladdin issue.
Scott & Susie Shearer
2006 Patriot Thunder
Lexington IV 40'
Cat C13
2015 JKU Hard Rock