Author Topic: Transynd Oil Change  (Read 65993 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Transynd Oil Change
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »
Much has been said here about the change over from Dextron to Transynd and the compatability of the two as there is a leftover from the old fluid.  
Does anyone know if the Exxon atf (EXATF) is also compatable?  Any chance that this is a version of Transynd?
A PO used this in our Allison and I am about to change it out so how best to be sure?

Thanks
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 01:41:22 PM »
Mobil Multi-Vehicle ATF has the following builder approvals:

Ford MERCON® V
It meets or exceeds the requirements of:

Voith H55.6335.3X
MAN 339 V1
According to ExxonMobil, Mobil Multi-Vehicle ATF is of the following quality level:

Allison C4
GM DEXRON® IIIH
GM DEXRON® IIIG
GM DEXRON® IIE
GM DEXRON® IID
GM DEXRON® II
GM DEXRON®
Ford MERCON®
JASO 1-A
Volvo 97340
Volvo 97341

Mobil Multi-Vehicle ATF is not recommended for applications requiring Ford MERCON® LV, MERCON® SP or GM DEXRON® VI.

DEXRON® and MERCON® are registered trademarks of General Motors and Ford Motor Company, respectively.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 11:24:58 AM »
Richard
As long as it meets Allison C4 I would think there would be no conflict with the new Transynd fluid I am using.
Thanks
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 02:36:04 PM »
Keith,
The Allison C-4 designation means that you are running Dexron III now. Dexron III will mix with TranSynd, but more than a 5% mixture in the TranSynd will lower its performance rating and require a one year change interval. Therefore you flush as much of it out when changing fluid to get the best performance from the TranSynd that has the TES-295 rating. Here is a list of Allison fluid specifications;  http://www.allisontransmission.com/service/autoapp/172/

Gerald

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 11:37:58 PM »
My 2003 Marquis was actually manufactured in August of 2002.  Did they use Transynd then?
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

Gerald Farris

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2013, 12:44:31 AM »
John,
Your coach was one of the first Monaco built Beavers, and Monaco was using Dexron III in all Allison transmissions at that time. However since your coach is over ten years old, it may have already been converted to TranSynd by now. If there are no markings to identify what transmission fluid is in your coach, you can have an oil analysis run on the fluid to determine what fluid is in it now and if service is needed.

Gerald
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:48:22 AM by 14 »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2013, 12:31:20 PM »
Gerald and all
My question seems to be answered by your post / link that shows;

ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties Company

Mobil Delvac Synthetic ATF

As the only listing for Exxon.  Keep in mind that this EXATF was installed in 2005 so the listing may have changed.  I am just going forward with Transynd and filters after draining as much as possible and hoping that there is no conflict with what remains of the old.  

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 12:15:56 PM »
Hi again
Having just changed the filters  ain the process of installing the Transynd.  
Am I crazy or is the only way to install new fluid is down the dip stick tube?  With the trapped air it takes maybe twenty minutes with the funnel to do it this way for each quart. What am I missing here?

Also, there are two coolant hose connections on the transmssion, one is straight the other has an elbow.  Which do I disconnect to allow the tranny to pump through the new fluid?

Thanks for any ideas
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Edward Buker

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 05:37:41 AM »
Keith,

I posted a photo of the jury rig that I set up and I could do a gallon in maybe a couple of minutes. It involved a piece of straight 1/2 pvc pipe and a funnel from Wally World that had a clear plastic tube that went into the pvc. Neither tube fit tight so air would escape and this jury rig provided some height between the dipstick tube and the resevoir that you create in the funnel which then creates a little help with pressure. It was reasonably fast to fill. If you click on the photo it will enlarge the jury rig (and my stomach, you have to take the good with the bad). This was my second Transynd fill and my better evolved filling system....

Later Ed

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 11:32:15 AM »
Thanks Ed for the input.  We did finaly get'er done by placing a 5 gal. pail of Transynd on a stand higher than the fill tube.  Then using a siphon pump ans a 3/8 in. tube that goes a good way down the fill tube.  (Our fill tube is in the last bay pass. side).  
Job completed in half hour for 5 gallons.  Sure had fits with that pump until I realized it was a siphon and so height was important.

Thanks again
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!